Can you recommend solutions for conveniently managing notes and thoughts?

Julia Doronina
19 replies

Replies

Jake Rouse
I use Google Keep for work and also daily chores. both on mobile and desktop
Sandra Idjoski
For general notes, I often just use Google Keep/Google Docs. For notes I take while browsing online, I use our own Collabwriting extension.
Julia Doronina
@sandra_idjoski Thank you very much! But what about, for example, situations where you're on the go, traveling, and a thought comes to mind. Don't you ever experience that? For me, sometimes even at a pedestrian crossing, a sudden realization might strike, and I need to jot it down somewhere. It's not very convenient to use Google for that unfortunately
Sandra Idjoski
@julia_demyanchuk For that I just message myself on Messenger ๐Ÿ˜‚ It's easy to search and access both from my phone and laptop
Julia Doronina
@shemtov_yogi I completely agree, but sometimes thoughts come at different times and then it's chaotic to gather them into one.
Magic Mike Paine
I use Google keep as well. I also have a Remarkable that I use as a notepad just because I like writing things down.
Julia Doronina
@mpaine Is it convenient to use Google Keep on a phone? And can it aggregate notes into text, for example, combining a couple of thoughts into one thought?
Kia Kamgar
Thoughts and ideas are sparked at any moment. The best app is one that can be accessed anywhere and with ease. For me thatโ€™s a task manager, and the one I prefer is Things 3. *apple ecosystem only *todoist is similar and multiplatform
Julia Doronina
@kiakamgar Thank you! Can Things 3 merge individual notes into a single text, such as synthesizing several ideas into a unified thought?
Kia Kamgar
@julia_demyanchuk No, itโ€™s just a task manager. Itโ€™s a way to quickly put something down. I put things I researched in Apple Notes.
Romio
If you want completely free & offline (no cloud or sync - it's there but pricing), I suggest Obsidian. It's really great!!! If you need more, check here, categorized https://app.capacities.io/home/3...
Julia Doronina
@romiojoseph Thanks for your advice! Is Obsidian similar to Notion?
AmazingSylvia
I use Notion, basically I will create a list to put all my thoughts and notes in it. I will separate it by categories.
Julia Doronina
@sylvia_sheng Sounds great. Do you use any AI tool to combine your categorized notes into one text?