Can we stick to Wordpress for (SaaS) website forever? Or should we code one?

Mukhil Maran
12 replies

Replies

Iftekhar Ahmed
As an SEO I feel really difficult to handle the Coded website, but with Wordpress we can install different kind of plugins to boostup the ranking. just link I recently installed Squirrly SEO and working on the SEO for this website. You can learn more about the SEO plugin here https://saasbestoffer.com/squirr... But it's true if you website gets a lot of traffic you should switch to the codded website as it will be more optimized to handle it and if your SAAS application is heavier then Coded website is the only option for website long term performance.
Julien Fayad
It really depends on what your SaaS does and how you want to architecture your product. I believe you should split your marketing website from your actual product and keep them on different infrastructure for evident security/stability reasons. In my case, I only launch marketing websites using sections.geeks.solutions for the speed factor as this is a key criteria to increase conversions. I'm going to launch Sections on PH soon, you can give it a spin now though and let me know what you think about it.
Mukhil Maran
@julien_fayad Thanks for the inputs. We're an integration and automation platform - klamp.io Yes, the current site is built using Wordpress and not linked to product's architecture for the same security reasons. Sure, I'll have a look :)
Dávid Sipos
Hey, there's no hard and fast rule here. WordPress is super handy and can definitely do the job for a SaaS website, especially when you're just starting out. It's got tons of themes, and plugins, and it's pretty easy to manage even if you're not a coding whiz. But, as your business grows, you might find you need more customization or specific features that WordPress can't quite handle. That's when coding your own site might come into play. It's a bigger investment for sure, but it can give you a lot more control. So, I'd say, start with WordPress if it suits you now, but keep an open mind about a custom site for the future. Just do what's best for your biz at each stage!
Mukhil Maran
@david_sipos Thanks for the advise. Yes, I'm hearing the same advise from many - Start-up with Wordpress and scale it up with custom-code. What is quite tricky or challenging part is the marketing guys won't be able to update or make any changes on the custom-coded site. Let's see!
Dávid Sipos
@mukhil_maran I think building a custom-code website isn't the marketing guy's job it's more a developer's guy. In the end, they should work together and make sure all the SEO and all the measurements are working correctly.
Yogesh Subramanian
Hi Mukhil, Whether to stick with WordPress for a SaaS website indefinitely or build a custom-coded solution depends on various factors such as scalability, unique requirements, and future goals. WordPress provides a user-friendly interface and extensive plugin ecosystem, making it suitable for many businesses. However, if you require highly specialized functionality or have long-term scalability plans, custom coding might be necessary. Consider your specific needs and consult with experts to determine the best approach for your SaaS website.
Mukhil Maran
@yogesh_subramanian Thanks. Yes, that's what we've been thinking of at klamp.io As already said, the only question is - In case of custom-coded website, after the devs build the site, will the marketing guys be able to maintain it without much dependency?
Bala murugan
If you're looking for faster deployment, frequent updates/touch-ups, then wordpress could be your go to solution. If you're considering the scalability, high traffic levels then custom-coded website can give you more flexibility and performance optimization opportunities. But in custom-coded websites, the marketing team (who predominantly work on site) will find the difficulty in optimizing/updating/adding stuffs to it. Choose according to your strengths and threats 🙂
If you're comfortable with WordPress and it meets your current needs, there's no harm in sticking with it. However, if you have specific requirements or a long-term vision that goes beyond what WordPress can offer, exploring the option of coding a custom website might be worth considering. In our case, we faced some limitations with WordPress and found Wix as a solution, but more or less, both work fine as long as your requirements are met. ✌️