• Subscribe
  • Can Technology Truly Replace Human Creativity?

Katerina Dedyulya
    22 replies
    As AI and automation become more advanced, we’re seeing machines create art, music, and even write literature. But is there something inherently human about creativity that technology will never replicate? What does this mean for the future of creative professions? Imho, human brain has an outstanding ability to think logically whilst AI cannot achieve yet. And I have recently watched a video of Eric Schmidt that brought me into the thought that we might not achieve it ever. What do you think?

Replies

Lara Bishop
    For me, it's all about the tale. I aim to create a narrative around our product that emphasises its distinct features. How do you make your tale stand out?
    Viktor Surkov
    Nope. It will help, but will not replace it, it's still just an algorithm, a very advanced T9. What I believe is that it's very helpful in the analysis of large amounts of data, or creating really average content, while you can create something unique, but with a really shorthanded usage of it.
    Katerina Dedyulya
    @viktor_surkov do you believe in the limitations of data?
    Morgane Perrier
    ReadPartner Portal + Extension
    ReadPartner Portal + Extension
    Interesting question! I don’t believe AI, at least in its current form, can truly replace human creativity. Right now, it seems more like AI is recycling existing ideas rather than creating something genuinely original. With the rise of generative tools, I think we might see fewer "original" creators. If that happens, AI might end up learning from its own creations, leading to even less innovation/creativity. Just my thoughts! By the way, do you have the name or link to the Eric Schmidt video you mentioned, please? I’m curious :)
    Katerina Dedyulya
    @morgane_prr
    thanks for your thoughts! this is what i think about the limitations of the data..
    xavi
    No it will not with AI in it's current level, but it is getting there. @morgane_prr interesting observation, what if AI creations get better and used as training data to make it even better and better? Now here is what Responsible AI debate starts
    Katerina Dedyulya
    @morgane_prr @xlabs7 then! this leads to consumption of insane energy. ecological crisis at its best
    William Willey
    Technology is a tool, not a replacement.
    Peter Henry
    Human creativity sparks innovation, technology fuels it.
    M Anees
    A machine can't feel passion, empathy, or intuition.
    Katerina Dedyulya
    @m_anees1 agree. do you need a passion for creation tho? even some people are motivated by money/power not passion or empathy :)
    Leslie Conner
    I feel the key is to emphasise sincerity. We ensure that our launches represent our actual beliefs and connect with people on an individual level. What is your method to remaining genuine?
    Beatrice Cromwell
    I constantly prioritise receiving comments from our community. We make changes based on what works best for them
    A Momin
    Not fully but to much extend yes.
    Alexander Galitsky
    Humans suck. AI is the future. We’re gonna be lucky if it kindly tames us.
    Juliia
    I don't think so. I believe that one that remain the same - creativity. Something that only human can manage with. It is unpredictible, differs one from anothe, unique. Machine is more about algorythm - I do not think that there will be any algoryth that would be able to manage creativity.
    Karen Anderson
    I believe AI can assist and augment human creativity in powerful ways, but I don't think it can truly replace the spark of human ingenuity and originality. AI is incredible at analyzing data, identifying patterns, and generating content based on what it has learned. But it still relies on algorithms and training from data ultimately created by humans. Humans have the ability to make intuitive leaps, think outside the box, and come up with truly novel ideas in a way I'm not sure AI can fully replicate (yet). AI will be an amazing tool to supercharge human creativity, but in my opinion, it won't make human creativity obsolete. There will still be a key role for that human touch and imagination. Just my two cents though - curious what others think!
    Tiger L
    AIPhone.AI
    AIPhone.AI
    No, while AI and technology can assist in generating ideas and automating processes, creativity is deeply rooted in human emotion, experience, and intuition. Technology can enhance creativity, but it lacks the personal touch and unique perspective that only humans can provide.
    Nancy Wright
    AI can assist and augment human creativity, but I don't think it can fully replace the unique spark and imagination that comes from the human mind. AI is great for analyzing data, generating ideas, and automating routine creative tasks, allowing humans to focus on higher-level creative direction. But for truly original, emotionally resonant creative work, there's still no substitute for human ingenuity, lived experience, and soulful expression, at least not yet. AI is a powerful tool in the creative toolbox, but the artist or writer still needs to provide the vision and heart. It's a collaborative relationship rather than replacement in my view.
    Rowan Maxwell Everett
    I think AI can be a great tool to enhance and augment human creativity, but it won't fully replace it. AI excels at analyzing data, generating ideas, and automating repetitive tasks. But it still relies on algorithms and training data created by humans. True creativity often involves abstract thinking, emotional intelligence, and drawing novel connections that algorithms struggle with. AI will be an increasingly powerful assistant for creatives, but won't make human ingenuity obsolete anytime soon. The sweet spot is figuring out how to leverage AI's strengths to supercharge your own creative process and output.