Can AI create better content than humans?

Nihal Kothiyal
26 replies

Replies

Claudia Vaduvescu
If you don't have an audience, then it doesn't matter; content without community is nothing πŸ˜„ and you still need people to engage with your users/customers
Nihal Kothiyal
@claudiav agreed, having human interaction is important for customer engagement, as AI may not be able to understand with the specific needs of the customers.
Felix
ChatGPT says: Artificial intelligence (AI) has the ability to generate content that is similar to, or in some cases, indistinguishable from content created by humans. However, whether AI can create better content than humans is a matter of debate. On one hand, AI can quickly generate large amounts of content, and can be programmed to adhere to certain rules or styles, which can make the content it produces more consistent and error-free than that of humans. Additionally, AI can also be trained on vast amounts of data, which allows it to generate content that is more diverse and varied than that of any single human. On the other hand, AI does not have the same level of creativity, emotions, and context awareness as humans do. Human authors can bring in their personal experiences, emotions, and understanding of the subject to the content they create, which can make it more relatable, engaging, and meaningful. It's also worth noting that many people prefer the personal touch of human-written content. Overall, AI can create content that is different and in some cases, better than human-written content, but it is not a replacement for human creativity and emotions.
Michael Kurek
Depends what kind of content. Not right now in my opinion, but maybe in the future. Also it might also feel fake or "ai-made". But we really have no clue how far it can go.
Richard Gao
Depends what you mean by "better" It's good at replicating data that matches your tastes. Train an LLM on books you like and you'll find it writes much better than human writers for your own tastes, since it can hold consistency
Nihal Kothiyal
@richard_gao2 but do you think that the AI-generated content may be as versatile or creative as content created by humans there may be a chance that it may not appeal to a wider audience with different tastes and preferences.
Daniel
Not now, chatGPT is good but everything is quite vague they don't go deep. when asking a question what you like about this or that it's never this one always very vague. I'm sure one day yeah AI will probably create better content let's wait 3 years from now........
Krishna Kumar
AI can create better content than a particular human can, but in sum total, the content that AI creates will be a subset of all human knowledge, because that is what it feeds off
Murali Gottumukkala
In some instances yes, but when it comes to emotions and expression i doubt AI can really match it
Gaurav Parvadiya
That’s subjective and debatable
Said Aitmbarek
It depends on what kind of metrics would you place behind the word "better" πŸ™ƒ
Nikita
not really . it can be a great support
Steven Birchall
Compared to good and great content creators? Definitely no. AI is base-lined on what it learns from human writing anyway, and whilst it can do a good job spitting out content, it has zero understanding about the words it is putting on the page. That's not to say it can't produce some content which is as good or better than what some humans produce, but that's it. It can't produce anything better than a human because it simply doesn't understand what it is actually talking about. It is far better being used to help humans create better content overall, than a replacement.
Anna Chen
Creating this word is often very complex in composition, and its meaning to me is like representing the emergence of something new and of a higher level. I currently feel that technology cannot reach this level, but I am uncertain about the future.
Nihal Kothiyal
@annachen_ I think it's uncertain what the future holds for the capabilities of AI and tech in terms of creating complex content, but it is likely that advancements in the field will continue to push the boundaries of what is possible. What a great time to be alive!!
Anna Chen
@bestofboooks What the future holds is still unclear to us now, but we hope that these advancements will make human life more convenient and simpler.
Abhinav Yadav
In my opinion, it can, but it will take time.