• Subscribe
  • Business cards - a relic of the past or...?

Kate Kurshina
    10 replies
    It would seem - what are these business cards for in the online era? In personal communication I am always pleased to receive a business card from my partner. Do you think it is worth spending the time to create an electronic business card?

Replies

Business cards are still used in the form of cards with QR codes or NFC. I prefer digital business cards as they are Eco-Friendly, Affordable, Always up-to-date, and Convenient.
    Kate Kurshina
    @qudsia_ali I like business cards, too) Digital business cards are interesting. What does it look like for you, can you describe it?
    @katerina_kurshina As I am a massive supporter of eco-friendly products. That's why I use digital business cards instead of physical ones. I am currently using Hihello for my digital card, and I can share my card with someone via a text message, email, social media, or NFC tag. And I can even share it from my Apple Watch.
    Rich Watson
    an electronic business card is a cool concept, but how would they be delivered or given out?
    Kate Kurshina
    @richw that's something to think about. I've had this kind of thing sent to me through social media when I was working with bloggers.
    I recently saw a pretty cool one which was a physical card that used NFC - so you'd just put your phone next to it and it would connect you via LinkedIn.
    Kate Kurshina
    @maxwellcdavis Yes, indeed, very presentable) I wonder how much work it can be to make such business cards)
    Olivier Tolédano
    I immediately associate the business cards with this great scene from the 1980s movie American Psycho:
    Unfortunately, it seems that the business card as we knew it is more a relic of the past. For those of you who don't know American Psycho, I hope you enjoy
    Abdul Rehman Khalid
    "I think in the modern era, a QR code type feature on the business card will be beneficial. After scanning it, it should connect you to the owner's accounts (social media or other). I am not sure if such a thing is in practice today."