Built an MVP in 3 weeks, raised pre-seed round 4 weeks after launch as a newcomer in Canada. AMA!

Our first EVER launch is live! Please support πŸ™ https://www.producthunt.com/post... April 2023: We landed in Toronto and were stunned 😍. June 2023: The idea for RevMyWork.com was born 🧠. June 26th, 2023: Launch with an MVP, a raw one πŸ‘€ . July 2023: 100 users passed, 100 USD volume passed, 20 reviewers passed, reaching out to raise a pre-seed, applying for accelerators, and just hustling hard πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’» πŸ‘©β€πŸ’». August 2023: doubling July's metrics, getting official paperwork done, and money hitting the bank πŸ’°. Ask me anything about the startup or our journey!

Replies

Veronika Barankevych
Congrats! How long did the decision process take for investors to decide?
@veronika_barankevych thanks! It was extremely short if I can compare it to Europe. The whole process took about three weeks πŸš€
Daniel Zaitzow
First and foremost congrats on all that success!!! Really amazing to hear. What were your first steps in the pre-seed raise / accelerator application journey?
@dzaitzow thank you, Daniel, for the warm words πŸ™ Networking is the key. I asked as many fellow founders/friends as possible for an intro to angels/VCs/accelerators/incubators. Also, I was active during the Collision conference (WebSummit would be much bigger tho) and local tech/networking events like TechTO in Toronto - and it helped a lot with the fundraising and first users. Not every intro I requested happened, but the conversion rate was enough to talk with great investors and accelerators like Techstars. Proper cold outreach would still work significantly, in my opinion. However, it should be personalized, consistent, and not random. Just one general templated email wouldn't work πŸ˜…
Daniel Zaitzow
@dimitri_khlopkov Very cool insight! We may stay bootstrapped to be the master of our destiny but you never know and additional capital would always be helpful to hit scale faster. Do you have anything in the pipeline that seems fruitful?
@dzaitzow sure, man! I'll respond tomorrow, OK?:) Today, we have our first launch EVER - RevMyWork πŸš€ We'd really appreciate it if you could take a look and give us your thoughts about the product πŸ™ Thank you!
Daniel Hunt
That's so cool! What's been the biggest factor in your success/journey so far?
@daniel_hunt4 Daniel, I'll reply properly to your question tomorrow if that's OK πŸ˜ƒ We have launched our RevMyWork today on the Product Hunt, so we are a little busy at the moment πŸš€ We'd really appreciate it if you could take a look and give us feedback on your thoughts about the product πŸ™ Thank you!
Frank Sondors
When are you launching on PH?
@profy17 It's actually today, Frank πŸ˜ƒ πŸŽ‰ I would really appreciate you to check our launch and support πŸ™
Frank Sondors
@dimitri_khlopkov Voted. Would appreciate follow on our launch too!
Judith Amarachi πŸ’™
Congratulations on your accomplishments πŸ‘