Brand colour psychology – Part 2

Yesterday I wrote a few lines about the meanings of colors Here: https://www.producthunt.com/disc... Today, these are slightly subtle but still can be used in branding. ⚪️ White – White represents purity, simplicity, and cleanliness. Brands like Apple and Adidas use white to emphasize a minimalist and modern aesthetic. ⚫️ Black – Black signifies sophistication, luxury, and elegance. High-end brands like Chanel and Rolex often use black to convey a sense of exclusivity and prestige. 🩷 Pink – Pink is a colour that elicits various psychological and emotional responses, and its interpretation can vary based on cultural, personal, and contextual factors. High-end brands like Victoria's Secret and Barbie use pink for feminity and allure. 🍑 Peach – Peach is a soft, warm colour that is often associated with several psychological and emotional traits. High-end brands like Marriott Hotels and Delta Airlines peach tones in their branding to create a friendly and approachable image.

Replies

Sam
Very interesting topic! I use blue to convey trust!
Nataliya Trotsenko
Nice topic, I am also using colour psychology in brand campaigns and creative materials
Business Marketing with Nika
@natalie_trotsenko Which colours have worked best so far? Do you see any results? + Do you test it (like creatives in ads, or A/B testing).
Nataliya Trotsenko
@busmark_w_nika We have a tech product related to Fintech, so blue one (related to smartness) and green (associated with money) are our top colours. White is used mainly to set accents. We've been testing creatives in user researches checking the associations
@natalie_trotsenko OK, so testing was on your own, not any other 3rd party (external) company, right?
Nataliya Trotsenko
@busmark_w_nika we have a practice of testing creatives with Kantar, but it is test of creative all in all, not only colour, but overall perceprions. Regarding specific colour perception - it is mostly A/B
Boris Markarian
Thank you, Nika! I would like to hear more about brand psychology, if it's not difficult for you. Actually we are thinking about our brand development too, right now!
I love the idea of explaining Branding and colour psychology! I learnt something new today, thank you, Nika 👏
Mohammed Kheezar Hayat
I wonder if something similar can be said about textures, or perceived textures since you obviously cannot touch things through a screen. You can still evoke them using patterns, lighting and of course colour. Many sites and apps evoke a leather/silk texture, which could be analogous to luxury and refinement. Some evoke a paper like theme, maybe for work or productivity. Some might evoke specific materials like shiny glass and steel for expensive, desirable objects and primary coloured plastic to invoke playfulness.
@zaryat yeah, the overall design matters. Even smells (those are also used in stores to make an impression on the customer./or to influence him/her :)
Isa Tanis
thanks, Nika. Good to know. What about purple?
@isatanis Purple is a luxury color, kind of mysterious and spiritual. 😀 I think that someone asked yesterday. It depends on the context. 🙂
Isa Tanis
@busmark_w_nika ahh, I see. What do you think about this context with purple? https://www.commented.io/
@isatanis Personally, I would try purple colour instead of black to make it pop out. But then, there is a need to change colour of other elements for example the purple screen on the right (maybe to white). But color combination overall used now is nice! I would just try more variation and test it with group of people to see, how they react.
Igor Lysenko
Black and white are nice colors, especially when working at night.
@ixord Hmmm, I would say that working at night – better is to use black, because white damages my eyesight :D
Red: The highest wavelength ❤️😅
@jiteshghanchi yeah and increases heart rate (why so many racers have red-coloured cars)? :D
Nicholas Kosmos
Very insightful, Nika! Crazy how much a single color can play a roll in someone's thought process.
Geoffrey Aldrige
I remember how impactful Apple's use of white was when they first launched. It really set them apart.
Laura Riehl
Thanks for sharing, as a UX designer I always consider colour psychology but sometimes I also go with my gut feeling of what looks appealing. I got best results with out product with pastel colours. The key is also to be organised with all your colours, having a design library is a must in my opinion.
@laura_riehl Can you share any examples of your projects? I would like to see those colour combinations.
Milli Sen
I've always loved psychology so this is an insightful topic for me.
Divyansh Pal
Now, I am jealous of your kitty points. but i appreciate you provide value to this platform
@divyansh_pal hahaha, those Kittypoints can't be used for anything, unfortunately :/ But thank you for your kind words! :)
murph
Purple/indigo also another one you see a lot in fintech. great for elevated but subtle sophistication — stripe the obvious example
Alvis Oh
When I studied color psychology, it changed the way I see things
@oohalvis Where did you study colour psychology? 🙂