Bootstrapping or VC-backed?

Irina Ivashchinenko
13 replies
Let's find out who is more on Product Hunt!

Replies

Eddie Forson
It depends... Bootstrapping is hard but enables you to grow at a controllable pace at the start and forces you to focus on increasing revenue instead of other vanity metrics. VC is great if you have already bootstrapped the business to a certain stage for instance and are now going for the $100M+ ARR big swing with investor money and confidence. VC is also an option if you are able to paint a clear vision for how you're going to dominate an already large or fast growing market. To reach this goal you must grow fast and ruthlessly execute your way into a big exit within ~7-10 years
Irina Ivashchinenko
@ed_forson agree. I was wondering what the audience is for Product Hunt, and it looks like more startups are bootstrapping!
Maali Baali
Bootstrapped: I have to work harder, but I'm proud of what I've built.
Simon Biasotto
We didn't have a choice but to BOOTSTRAP lol plus I don't know what VC-backed means hehe
Simon Biasotto
@iren_ivashchinenko I could google it but I’d much rather ask here if you have 1min :D I supposed it meant “backed by investors” but I’m far from sure
Irina Ivashchinenko
@biasottosimon I think most startups don't know what VC support is :)
Alice Ko
Melissa Kwan is a 3x bootstrapped entrepreneur and has amazing advice. Followed her on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/meli...
AbdulHafeez Sadon
So after 20h, bootstrappers win the contest in PH?