• Subscribe
  • Beyond the mainstream platforms, where do you typically promote your products?

Morit
    16 replies

Replies

Daniel Harrison
    I've been promoting on some relevant subreddits and Facebook groups for my niche. Got a few signups from IndieHackers too. Quora spaces seem promising if you can provide value and not just spam links. I've heard TikTok can work well for the right product but I haven't tried it myself yet. Curious what others have found effective beyond the big platforms!
    YanXu
    I'm also a new producer and I'd like to know where I can promote my products as well
    Stanley Igboanugo
    What do you mean by mainstream platforms? This would strongly depend on the product niche, I believe. So is this a general question for all entrepreneurs in all niches or just for a specific niche?
    Morit
    @stanley_igboanugo Great question! By mainstream platforms, I mean places like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google Ads. Iā€™m curious about where entrepreneurs from various niches are finding success outside of these popular channelsā€”whether itā€™s specific forums, niche communities, or other creative strategies. I'm open to insights from any niche!
    Stanley Igboanugo
    @morit from my perspective as a software B2C and sometimes B2B buyer/user šŸ˜Š, I'd say that I am most likely to use apps or software that I find through: 1. Capterra/G2/TrustRadius reviews and comparisons with alternatives. When I realize that I have a problem, I typically plug in a search term on Google which pulls up stuff that I may or may not like. I don't typically like them all the time so I usually end up using keywords like "arreva reviews" or "arreva alternatives" or "similar products to arreva". Somehow, the search results and up leading me to G2/Capterra 2. Online tutors and courses. Like the first time I really started using Namecheap was when a digital marketing tutor "recommended" it. I just learned about Coachli (an alternative to Calendly) from another tutor recently. If possible, try partnering up with tutors whose modules may have anything at all to do with your product. For example, if your product is a calendar, you may want to partner with tutors or course providers who have modules on efficient time management, or instructors who are teaching people to become VAs, etc. Students often take the recommendations of tutors as the gospel truth and never challenge it.
    Sahil Patel
    We promoted our product at these places: https://docs.google.com/spreadsh...
    Kimberly Johnson
    Haven't tried too many outside the mainstream, but I've had some success sharing on relevant subreddits and niche online communities where my target audience hangs out. Getting active and providing value in those places first before subtly mentioning my product has worked decently well. Curious what's worked for others!
    murph
    as others mentioned, depends where your target audience hangs out. subreddits and discord servers are generally pretty fertile ground.
    Star Boat
    Social media groups related to niche and reddit threads.
    Richard Reis
    AI Document Translator
    AI Document Translator
    All those directories you can find on the hundreds of lists posted on Product Hunt.
    Cedric Jude Hawthorne
    I usually promote on niche forums and communities related to my product. Subreddits, Discord servers, Slack workspaces etc where my target audience hangs out. Also been experimenting with influencer marketing on TikTok and Instagram to get the word out. It's a grind but you gotta put in the work to get noticed!