• Subscribe
  • ๐Ÿ† Best tips before launch on Product Hunt๐Ÿง ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ—‚

Boris Markarian
    43 replies
    Hi everybody! ๐Ÿ‘‹ I've been participating in the Product Hunt community for the past couple months (126 days to be clear) and while preparing for our launch, I have found valuable insights, so this post is for people who are launching soon. ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿฆท THE TIPS: 1. Dura lex sed lex: READ MANUAL, READ RULESโ—๏ธ If you have any doubts, don't hesitate to ask the team for clarification. 2. Be Sincere: Focus on providing real value to the community without expecting anything in return. 3. Support Others: Engage with other launches and discussions. Provide thoughtful comments and support to fellow makers. ๐Ÿ’ช 4. Start in advance: Start your preparation at least 1 month before, show up daily and build your presence and credibility. Donโ€™t forget to maintain your streak! ๐Ÿ“† 5. Ask for Help: Don't be afraid to seek advice or ask questions. The community is here to support you. 6. Create Valuable Discussions: Donโ€™t hesitate to share your knowledge or expertise and communicate with new people. 7. Share Contact Info: Itโ€™s better to have 100 friends than 100$๐Ÿค‘. Share your LinkedIn and Twitter and let people easily connect with you! ๐Ÿ›  PRACTICAL TIPS: 1. Prepare Your Assets: Have all your Product Hunt materials ready in advance, including your product videos, images, descriptions, and promotional content. 2. Coming Soon Page: Create a Coming Soon page and then share it on Twitter, and LinkedIn. 3. Be active: Be active on PH and other platforms. Like! Comment! Participate! ๐Ÿฅ‡ 4. Time has come!: Reach out to your network on LinkedIn and Twitter. Share your coming soon page and other materials. ๐Ÿ“ฏ 5. Clear Your Schedule: Make sure you have a clear calendar on your launch day and the following day to focus on engagement and support. 6. Website and Onboarding: Double-check your website, user analytics, and onboarding process to ensure a smooth experience for new users. ๐Ÿ›ณ 7. Welcome Emails: Ensure your welcome email sequence is set up and functioning properly. 8. Real-Time Engagement: Be ready to engage with the community in real-time throughout your launch day. 9. Prepare Outreach: Have a plan to reach out to supporters, including investors, customers, and influencers, with reminders and updates. โ—๏ธ DON'T FORGETโ—๏ธ to join relevant groups and chats, and be active in supporting others there. 10. Team Coordination: If you have a team, assign specific responsibilities to ensure everything runs smoothly. ๐Ÿ“ 11. Post-Launch Analysis: After your launch, analyze the results, share updates with your community, and THANK EVERYONE who supported you. ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ“ก Special tools: Use these tools to prepare for launch: 1. Hunted space - https://hunted.space/ - best tool to control analytics. 2. Preview Hunt - https://previewhunt.com/ - Here you can create a preview page that will look exactly like Product Huntโ€™s page 3. Product Hunt Gallery Screenshots - https://hotpot.ai/templates/product-hunt-gallery - Customize handcrafted templates, or make fresh graphics from scratch. 4. Canvid โ€“ https://www.canvid.com/ - With this tool you can capture, enhance, and share your screen recordings effortlessly. ๐Ÿšซ DONT: 1. Don't ask for upvotes! 2. Don't DM everybody without asking the permission! 3. Don't use fake upvotes! 4. Don't be rude and respect other members opinions! I hope this info helps you to prepare for your launch! ๐Ÿ€ Good luck, BorisMoris

Replies

Marina Guzey
    Thank you for the useful information!
    Alexander Grossman
    Sugar Free: Food Scanner
    Very good checklist and useful recommendations bro. ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ great thread
    Nice article. Thank you so much
    Jeremiah Omueti
    Insightful, thanks for sharing @boris_moris44
    Valeria Vargina
    Useful as always! Thank you! I will follow
    Olga Averianova
    Thanks for sharing such valuable and detailed tipsโ€”this is extremely useful! ๐Ÿ™
    Ashik Hameed
    Great tips, @boris_moris44 ! I'd add a couple more. First, make sure you have a compelling story or narrative for your productโ€”people love to connect with the journey behind the creation. Second, try to engage with early users and gather feedback quickly, then iterate based on their input. This not only improves your product but also shows the community you're responsive and committed to delivering value. Good luck with your launch!
    Boris Markarian
    @ashikhameed Thanks Ashik, nice points, I'll add them to my checklist! You are right, the lore is the key๐Ÿ˜‚
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    Thanks for check-list Did you launch or preparing ?
    Christopher Clark
    Thank you Bro๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
    Mason Julian
    These are so help ful
    Daniel Smith
    Nice thanks for the tips
    Chillin Team
    Helpful, thanks!
    Viktor Fidler
    Nice tools you've got there, thank you
    Maria Anosova ๐Ÿ”ฅ
    Thank you! Very good checklist!
    Viktor Fidler
    Nice tips you got there, than you
    Boris Markarian
    @deyvidas_b Thanks Deyvidas, I'm really happy to hear these words. Keep following, I'll post more interesting info. Thanks again!
    Larisa Tcoi
    Thank you, Boris, for these comprehensive tips! I especially appreciate the emphasis on sincerity and community engagement. In my experience, building genuine relationships and supporting others not only helps during the launch but also fosters a long-term network of like-minded individuals. Good luck to everyone preparing for their launch!
    Rowe Morehouse
    Sales Likelihood Calculator
    Sales Likelihood Calculator
    I would add to that: โ–ช Have all your MESSAGING ready, in a text document All the texts for all the messages that you will be sending out during your launch day, so you can copy and paste. Different versions for different contexts. These are assets too, and you should have them prepared and readily available.