• Subscribe
  • Best pricing strategy you have ever witnessed?

Umar | SaaS Guy
    17 replies

Replies

Mehdi Rifai
    Depends on your product, your resources and your goals. I came to learn, for solo founders or small founder team of B2B Saas products who want to get to 10-20k, the best pricing plan is 3 tiers: $49 / $99 / $249. You will need 150-250 customers to get to you target which is manageable with a founding team of 1-3.
    Uma Venugopal
    Pay-as-you-go gives me a load of flexibility to switch to "dormancy" if I'm not in need of it that month.
    Awais Butt
    Launching soon!
    Dynamic pricing, where prices are adjusted based on demand, is a great strategy to maximize profits while providing the best value to customers
    Pranab Buragohain
    Great suggestions on this thread. Notable mention here would also be "Pay What You Want / Name Your Own Price" model, with a suggested price point to guide. This pricing strategy is interesting, because it allows for a more personalized and flexible approach to pricing, while also potentially generating goodwill and loyalty from customers. Needless to say, it requires careful consideration and management, to ensure profitability and prevent system abuse. Might be a great way to acquire early users.
    Richard Gao
    Honestly, it's different for every startup. The best one I've ever witnessed is just having really strong branding and then charging an enourmous markup on your product
    Maria Gonzalez
    The "Pay What You Want" model always amazes me. It puts trust in customers and lets them value the product or service. Radiohead's "In Rainbows" album release is a classic example 😅
    Rishabh R
    Depends on your target audience, but if our audience is not that well aware of the solution I will go with a freemium model, and if they know, I will go with a 14 day free trial option
    Daniel Dixon
    It's not the right strategy for SaaS but I read recently that the "let fans pay more if they want" pricing used for music on Bandcamp drives up the average price paid by nearly 50%! You can read about it here: https://get.bandcamp.help/hc/en-...-
    Roberto Gómez - Scalar.so
    Airlines for sure! they anchor you with a price (e.g., if you see something is around 500, if you get one for 450 seems like a good price and you convert quickly) and create urgency to buy. Pity for them that they are in a very competitive industry with low margins, but if other sectors are able to apply at least some parts of the strategy...
    James Brazil
    Depends on the product or service; but I saw on here a tired pricing strategy which is really good and solves two things at once. The first 10 signups get in for $100 and each successive tier increases in price. This also helps you determine where to price your product— what the market decides is a good deal for your product or service and you can set the price there.
    Gavriel Shaw
    I'd say low price point front-end sale followed by a selection of higher price back-end products.