• Subscribe
  • Balancing Product Development and Marketing

Natalia Demianenko
    8 replies
    I'm currently developing my own product, and I always find it challenging to switch between development, testing, and marketing. What strategies do you use for this? Do you switch tasks throughout the day, or do you allocate specific days or weeks for each activity? Do you prepare marketing materials in advance and schedule posts for times when you're focused solely on development?

Replies

Haider Murtaza
    I prefer to focus on one area at a time, so I work on development in the mornings and handle marketing in the afternoons. I also schedule social media posts ahead of time to avoid interrupting my development work.
    Isabelle W
    I’ve tried both approaches, and I’ve found that focusing on one main task a day works best for me. It’s difficult for me to switch between tasks without losing time and momentum. When it comes to marketing materials, the approach really depends on your type of content. Social media often requires following trends, so while you can definitely plan your posts and prepare materials in advance, you might need to make some adjustments when it’s time to post, especially in terms of captions and timing.
    Julia Klemenc
    I find it helpful to dedicate specific days for each task. For example, I focus on development during the week and set aside Fridays for marketing. This helps me maintain focus and efficiency.
    Gene M Carter
    I totally get the struggle of balancing product development and marketing. I find it helps to set specific days for each task, so I can focus on one thing at a time. How do you manage your time between these activities?
    Christopher Adams
    Switching tasks can be tough, so I use a project management tool to keep track of my progress. I try to balance development and marketing by setting weekly goals for each and reviewing my priorities regularly.
    Sarah Jade
    Switching between development and marketing can be tough. I’ve started to allocate certain times of the day for each task.
    Isabella Claire Anderson
    I usually try to plan out marketing content a month ahead, but keep some flexibility to adapt to trends. For product dev, I find it's best to have a roadmap but prioritize ruthlessly based on user feedback and business impact. Dedicating focused days for each helps keep momentum. Recently started using some AI tools like Claude to help speed up content creation which has been a big boost!
    Khul Anwar
    Hubrank
    Hubrank
    Launching soon!
    currently i work with co-founder, i'm focus on marketing while my co-founder on product development. it help us a lot