Serhii Uspenskyi
24 replies
Do you prefer avatars or put your real photo? Personally, I’m always about showing myself as I’m. I think it gives more trust and loyalty when people see you as real. It is also about some respect for the community from my perspective. Avatar users, your turn!)

Replies

James Liao
Live your true self and have nothing to lose
@james_liao nice words) but curious to see if there some avatar-preferred people here to share their thoughts)
James Liao
@serhii_uspenskyi These newly registered users are not our audience, I'm still experimenting, I don't have marketing yet
Thaha
I am a fan of avtars. But doesn't work. So real-life PF's.
@thehighsecond but you may see that there are even Top-Hunters here with Avatars) So, perhaps that means something, what do you think?)
Thaha
@serhii_uspenskyi True. Once you attain a certain reputation, whatever else you do sells is my understanding.
Tej Garikapati
Hah..Avatar generation is really cool and can work for personal accounts. But for work and professional life, they just ain't there yet for me.
@tej_sai thanks for your thoughts) agree) but I see that many and many people are becoming using them)
@serhii_uspenskyi I prefer real photo, just as you pointed out, gains some trust
Still waiting for Avatar users to jump in our discussion:)) You are very welcome!
André J
Launching soon!
👆
@sentry_co any thoughts in this?) Excited to hear you)
André J
Launching soon!
@serhii_uspenskyi I think we will all use avatars. And in some cases we won't have an option. Like with Apple vision pro. IF you do a video meeting. Apple will use a 3d avatar of you in the meeting. Personally I like to focus on what I do and make. Like in the US now, you cant even use a profile picture in your CV. To avoid discrimination. So many aspects. I dont have all the answers. For my persona, I just use apples Memoji. It's on all platforms, my Apple TV at home. My iPad / iPhone, SoMe etc. And soon with iOS 17 I can set my friends as memojies covering the screen when they call.
@sentry_co thanks for reply, sounds interesting. It reminds me “Black Mirror” things:) But I thinks some of these can be reality soon…
Martha Snooper
Off course real ones
Ann55
Depends on where. I like pretty pictures. To find beautiful stock images and illustrations, I use the website https://depositphotos.com/stock-illustrations-and-paintings.html . They offer a huge selection of a variety of images including illustrations, photos and vector artwork. I've used this resource to create avatars and other content and the quality has always been top notch.