As a startup founder, how do you ensure hiring the right team?

Qudsia Ali
10 replies
The hiring process is one of a startup's most crucial components. It is the most effective technique for companies to bring on the right employees and prevent wasting time and money on substandard recruits. The right team can change your dream into a more-than-expected reality. How do you hire such talents?

Replies

Richard Chlenov
I choose people who want to grow and strive for something, even if they have no experience in that field.
David Berens
Such a great question Qudsia! Here are some questions that I keep top of mind when I'm assessing talent: -What is their primary motivation in joining my company? (👈 hopefully this lines up with your mission) -Would this person raise the bar for the overall team performance? -Could this person help attract other great talent? -How quickly are they able to definitively add value to the team? Hope these help!
Launching soon!
@david_berens That is great. But in my opinion, many people can talk better, but when it comes to delivering the work, they can't do better. On the contrary, many people can't convey their thoughts or skills but are really good at work. It makes me think we may have another method for this process.
Anil Meena
Give them a piece of work and keep a 45 to 60 days window of either continue or fire.
Alex Robinson
I find 1) that the most important thing is to have a clear vision for what you want to achieve and what kind of team you need to support that vision 2) it is helpful to write down the specific skills and experience that you are looking for in each role 3) reach out to your personal and professional networks to see if anyone knows someone who would be a good fit 4) post the role on job boards or online forums 5) interview multiple candidates and really take the time to get to know them before making a decision.