• Subscribe
  • Are you tired of AI-type products?

Jerry Zhang
    16 replies
    I have been active on PH recently and have seen too many AI-type products. It’s not that I don’t like them, it’s just that I’ve seen too many and to be honest, I’m a little tired of them. What about you? How does it feel?

Replies

Hiep Nguyen
    I don't think the proliferation of too many AI-type products is a nuisance. AI has truly exploded in recent years, so it's hard to avoid catching the trend from companies. However, I also find it a bit challenging to identify a truly useful AI product.
    Jerry Zhang
    BoostAITraffic
    BoostAITraffic
    @hiep_nq I just think it is necessary to give non-artificial intelligence products more opportunities to display. Most of the products I see in the selection now are AI products. Of course they have very excellent parts. If necessary, I wonder if I should arrange one. separate category
    Lukas Rüger
    Tired is an understatement - if I'm honest I gotta say I'm dead asleep already. I have the same take as you: There are some nice ones out there, but as a PH user (or generally speaking a consumer with more or less knowledge about AI & the tech space) it's too many to give all of them a chance. I feel bad for people with a really good idea that doesn't need more "AI" than just being a GPT wrapper. I am sure that there are products like this out there, but you would need to go through so much crap to find them.
    Lukas Rüger
    Below each AI-product I see, I ask the same question: Which AI models do you use in your backend? There are two types of response: 1) 10-20% of the time: "We are using OpenAI at the moment but also have our architecture very modular so we can change to other/better/open-source models in the future" -> I like these answers and they are an indicator for makers that leverage AI because they want the feature - not the buzz word. I give these products a chance 2) 70-80% "We are using several AI models" or some other secret terms for "we don't know sh*t about AI but we use it" -> I don't give these a chance because they are often just attention-grabbers
    Jerry Zhang
    BoostAITraffic
    BoostAITraffic
    @lrueger I agree with your viewpoint: for AI products, it's not just about using AI, but more crucially, how and why they utilize AI.
    @lrueger lol. Yeah I’m a non AI product based company.
    Konstantin Kovshenin
    If you add "AI" to your product name you're guaranteed 240 upvotes. No?
    Jerry Zhang
    BoostAITraffic
    BoostAITraffic
    @kovshenin Found the trick to get high votes 🤣
    @kovshenin product Hunt Hack
    Oxana
    I'm dissapointed when see lot's of comments and posts in comunity generated with AI, so do not feel real engagement and connecting with people :(
    Trang Pham
    @oxana_ivanova may I ask if there is any way that the GenAI post could catch your attention? We are planning to launch an AI extension, so I would love to know your view.
    Jerry Zhang
    BoostAITraffic
    BoostAITraffic
    @oxana_ivanova Yes, deeply affected❤️‍🩹
    @oxana_ivanova so many of those
    Tran Tien Quyet
    Nowadays, AI is replacing many jobs. At least AI will definitely develop within the next 5 years. I think we should live with it. For a develop world!
    Jennifer Williams
    using AI tools seems interesting to me