Are you for or against offering a lifetime deal (LTD) for your product?

Nemanja Zunic
7 replies
If you are for it, for how long you recommend to keep it active?

Replies

Matthew Grant
I've offered LTDs for beta testers and early adopters. The feedback you get in the early stages of development is crucial, so it's a win-win for both your product and its customers.
Arthur Leclercq
I would say it is great at the beginning to get new customers and mainly to get feedback. I would not recommend to keep it active for too long (maybe 4-6 months)
Tyler Scott
I think the general consumer market is oversaturated with monthly subscriptions when a lot of these SaaS products have functionality as a tool rather than service. I'm bullish on LTDs or one time payments and I think the consumer audience is ready for it too. My product will not offer a monthly subscription but rather a LTD.
Gurkaran Singh
I'm all for offering a lifetime deal, like finding a forever tech buddy! A good approach would be to keep it active until the next software update makes it as outdated as a floppy disk in a USB world.
Bogomil Shopov - Бого
As a consumer, I don't like Lifetime deals because the majority of the companies offer it and freeze the features they have at the time of purchasing and then bother me for up-sale if they have new features.
Nemanja Zunic
@bogomep Your point is valid, but if you were in the company's shoes, you would understand why we are sometimes forced to take that unpopular measure.