Are you feeling AI fatigue?

Daniel Zaitzow
11 replies
I am starting to feel like AI is (and has been) everywhere for quite some time and I understand its transformative technology but is anyone else feeling a bit of AI fatigue on PH.. like every launch is an AI product... How many can I really integrate into my workflow/stack when I already use GPT-4 at scale for most things AI related.

Replies

Stephen Yeo
Kind of like the dot.com days, right?
Daniel Zaitzow
@stephen_vocol ahha similar in a few ways but I think the internet was more transformative for the world and how we communicate - I think AI has the ability to impact industry in a way we've never seen before.
Daniel Zaitzow
@stephen_vocol haha yea it sounds like I pulled it right out of the dot com bible hey! I'm not too deep in the AI space so don't worry!
Toni
Well said Daniel. That's the problem with trends. In the end, nobody cares if your product has AI or not, or if it is based on blockchain (remember those good ol'days). That's what i keep telling clients seeking Product Advisory to launch "AI powered products or features". After a few months, everything product on the market will be "AI powered" - as you mention, we seem to have reached this point already - so the question is : WHAT PROBLEM DOES MY PRODUCT SOLVE ? Beyond trends, that's always what you need to sell and tell the world.
Daniel Zaitzow
@toni_pm 1000% I still really like the fundamentals behind blockchain technology but it surely isn't the NFT boom any longer haha. I think always getting back to that North Start is where you cant to land as well - What problems do we solve - what is our value to our end users - why us VS the market. Double down on all that stuff and throw in some AI if it adds value. I think if I was building a product that was reliant on AI (a core offering) - I would be really concerned about the big box LLM companies swooping in and adding a plugin for my niche.
Yokiiiii
@toni_pm I agree. It's true that the focus should always be on the problem a product solves, rather than just jumping on the latest trend. It's important to have a clear understanding of the value a product brings to its users, and to communicate that effectively. Trends may come and go, but a product that truly addresses a need will always have a place in the market.
Daniel Zaitzow
@toni_pm @yokiyoki 100% a lot of it feels one size fits all (even if its pitched as a niche)... And frankly that most of us use GPT for. I personally see the most opportunity in the content creation / ad creation space and once that gets to a point of ideation -> (quality) creation in seconds.. We'll see a bit more adoption.
George Burmistrov
Well, it's a trend now, like NFT were (yet unlike NFTs it's actually a useful thing). I'm also getting a tad tired of everyone talking about AI, but again, it's totally logical. I think with time we'll start to take the usage of AI for granted, like, no one uses the usage of Bluetooth now as something extraordinary (I'm not saying that AI is equal to Bluetooth, it's just for the sake of comparison). Gotta give it some time.
Daniel Zaitzow
@burmistrov Ya totally - I think when its more commonplace and less of a WOW technology - people will use it but it won't have the same shock value, Ah-ha that it does right now.