• Subscribe
  • Are we heading towards a world full of editors?

Shrikant Damani
    6 replies
    With the advent of Chat GPT and the sophistication that it brings with it in terms of being able to write dissertation level text within text - I was wondering if we will start outsourcing writing to AI writers, the way we outsource basic arithmetic to calculators. In such a scenario we will have a world full of editors, tweakers, and embellishers which prima facie sounds good but my problem with this future is that writing is one of the fundamental ways of understanding anything - you learn more about a concept when you are able to articulate it in words. Do you think this will lead to a future where there is lot of information but not a lot of knowledge?

Replies

Uday Patel
    I meant in a way of what all chatgpt can provide. So if AI has all the information and its easily available everywhere it will be of no use
    Shrikant Damani
    @uday_patel4 I do agree that because of the proliferation of AI there will be a lot of information that will be masquerading as knowledge or insight. But I am interested to find out how will people distinguish between actual knowledge and AI generated information - I am not talking about AI detection tools but at a much more general level.
    Uday Patel
    @shrikant_damani that would be interesting to find out as the AI is evolving it will try to create more human like content
    Uday Patel
    I strongly believe at one point all the content and knowledge will be useless.
    Shrikant Damani
    @uday_patel4 That's a hot take! Why do you think all knowledge would become useless?
    Anne Broadwin
    i think ppl are already impatient with long and superly polished texts