Are they bots or not?

Dzmitry Tsemirau
7 replies
I noticed that among my followers there are many accounts that look like bots. They all have a typical about section like "Hi, I'm John, I'm 30 years old, I do blah blah blah. Each has a couple of followers, is subscribed to 5 - 10 people, and has no other activity. Are these bots? If I subscribe to them does it harm my account? Why do they do it?

Replies

Pam K.
Yes. Helps it look like it's busy? Upvotes? Many discussion threads have AI-generated comments by these types of accounts - SEO? Note the question marks.
Dzmitry Tsemirau
@silisolutionist The fact of the matter is that they have very few comments and points, as well as the people they follow.
Artyom Sviridov
These are definitely bots. I don't know why there are so many of them here, but this is really a huge problem on PH.
Ed SK
They want to appear legit so they can upvote people who actually pay for their services.
Jao Japitana
Well most probably some are bots. My suggestion is in the future just clear out those who don't follow you back especially if you have a gut feeling they are bots. For now just interact and have fun with the community we have here 💕
Dzmitry Tsemirau
@jao_japitana They don't interact, just follow me. And I don't know if it has any negative impact on my account.
Chris Lindner
I guess some of them are just here to take a look: create an account and quickly write a standardized profile. Lost interest and disappeared. If you are active and helpful in the community, I don't think such accounts will have some negative impact on you. After all, PH should deal with them but not honest users:)