Are there some projects that were born out of Community Discussions here in Product Hunt ?

alaa touil
20 replies
Hey hunters, I was just wondering if there were some projects that were born out of Community Discussions here in Product Hunt. This seems interesting and fun at the same time. If you heard about some projects like this, you can mark them here. Bests,

Replies

Hồng ân Nguyễn
I also don't understand this issue
Denis
Most posts here are c/p of other successful posts, posts announcing a launch, or some kind of promotion. And let's remember bots' reputation building. I like where you are going with this and I would be delighted to see it happen.
alaa touil
@denis_tl me too, I think that this can be a start for a new section here in Product Hunt, kind of "Kajabi" for connecting different profiles together
Denis
@alaa_touil Since PH was acquired by AngelList, the value PH provides declined significantly. It used to be a great curated repository of interesting, innovative, and useful products. Now, everything gets promoted, and real creators have found other platforms where to push their products. PHs value changed to getting a valuable backlink. And if anything else happens it's a bonus.
alaa touil
@denis_tl I think it still has a very valuable crediblity, and to be honest with you, almost all the product launching platforms opt for the same business model
alaa touil
thank you Thomas !! I think it's a kind of a potential to explore
Denis Banda
I am new here so I don't know about such projects but I would definitely love to read about them.
Rodney J. Belcher
Now, everything gets promoted, and real creators have found other platforms where to push their products.
Markk Tong
It's always exciting to see how conversations here can lead to real-world projects. If you have any specific projects in mind or if you're interested in starting one yourself, I'd love to hear more about it!
Ruslan.D
Probably a lot, but no one will admit it 😷
alaa touil
@zubair_collier but slack is more company focused tool rather than something like Ph. and it's owned by salesforce as well
Kyle DeSana
Not necessarily born. But I used PH early on to ask questions to validate painpoints I wanted to solve.
Chalie Clark
individual projects that were directly born out of community discussions on Product Hunt. Product Hunt is a platform where early-stage products and startups are showcased, and community members can discuss, provide feedback, and ask questions. However, it's not uncommon for creators and developers to engage with the Product Hunt community to gather insights, validate ideas, and refine their products based on user feedback.
Nishkarsh Srivastava
our product hunt 'Findr' was born out of product hunt's community discussions. after randomly scrolling through a bunch of discussions i realised everyone wanted to keep experimenting with new tools. the only thing stopping them was the fear of information being scattered across apps so i built a universal search bar that lets you search across all your apps, at once
Jasmine Butters
Probably a lot, but no one will admit it 😷
Bill Frad
It's always exciting to see how conversations here can lead to real-world projects. If you have any specific projects in mind or if you're interested in starting one yourself, I'd love to hear more about it!
Tarun Saini
Well, not sure. But thanks for bringing light. learn tensorflow