• Subscribe
  • Are the "2 followers" in My Launch Teaser real?

Derek Liu
    9 replies
    I set up my "launch soon" teaser yesterday and noticed two followers. Are they real, or is this just a kind trick by Product Hunt to avoid embarrassment?

Replies

YanXu
    I believe this to be true. My product was just released, and indeed, my followers have come to upvote and reply to my product.
    Derek Liu
    I mean "2 Followers" from 👆 (hover it). And I don't mind you click "Notify me" to make it look different :D
    Derek Liu
    @all_appp_games Thanks! Those followers (including you) next to "Notify me" button finally shows up in my hub page.
    Derek Liu
    Thanks to @all_appp_games for the help! My conclusion so far is that you can’t see who is following your product on your hub page if you have fewer than 3 followers. However, you can still see "1 follower" or "2 followers" from your "Launching soon" teaser. Hope this clears things up. P.S. I feel sorry for ever suspecting my product followers (@jesv and @manishkumarshah) even existed - though it's not my fault, I just couldn’t see you!
    YanXu
    @derek_liu_dev You have a misconception: following your product launches doesn't mean I'm following your account
    Derek Liu
    @all_appp_games I should have used "product" instead of "you", will correct it to avoid misunderstanding. Thanks for pointing this out!
    Jasper Elliot Sinclair
    They're likely not real 'followers' but a placeholder number when you're setting up a pre-launch site. I've seen this before on ProductHunt ship pages... the fake follow count gives the impression that people are already anticipating your launch even if you don't have any real followers yet. It's just a psychological tactic to build hype and encourage more people to actually follow. Sneaky but effective! 😉
    Derek Liu
    @jasperelliotsinclair Not sure, but at least I can see them on my hub page after the count reaches 3.