• Subscribe
  • Are follow ups that useful?

George Burmistrov
    10 replies
    I've had this question for a really long time as I never like sending and receiving follow ups. When I'm sending I can't get rid of the feeling that I'm forcing myself into a person's inbox and daily routine, and when I'm receiving those, I feel like their sender is trying to annoy me. And the worst part is that people tend to ignore follow ups every time we send them. So I thought — is there even a reason to send them? I know the first message could've gotten into spam, a recipient could just forget or miss it. But it seems like if they ignore the first message, they will ignore the following ones either.

Replies

Brian Hurst
    Follow ups are essential. It can be hard to get over the feeling of being an annoyance, but follow ups do drive results. As mentioned by others, be respectful with what you say and how many follow ups you send. Making a schedule, like a 1-2-3 plan where you send a follow up one week after your initial email, then two weeks after your 2nd email, and then finally three weeks after that as your final attempt, can help with the process too and make it a little more straightforward and easy to track and follow.
    Igor Den
    AI Ideal Customer Profile creation
    AI Ideal Customer Profile creation
    It's very useful. Yesterday I sent 10 follow-ups and gained 1 sale. People often can forget about your email. My wife often follow-ups me with home tasks :D
    Dennis Aronov
    I would say follow-ups are super important. Most of the successful connections I've made with people were only because I followed up. You never know why they may have not responded the first time. It may have just been a bad time. I say follow-ups are one of the best things to do as long as you do it respectfully and not spam-y.
    George Burmistrov
    @dennis_aronov This is probably the only thing that makes me still send follow-ups as I never can be sure if a person missed or ignored it.
    Bridie Lee
    Follow ups are everything! Highly recommend Never Eat Alone: https://www.amazon.com/Never-Eat...
    Answer to your question is "80% of sales are made on the 5th-12th contact"
    Salar Davari
    Follow ups are fine if they stay just follow ups. The problems with some marketers is that they think they should pitch their service on again in the follow up call or even email! That's wrong and spammy!