Are events a good place for you to do leadgen?

Frank Sondors
5 replies
Curious to understand whether events work for folks or not.

Replies

Yulia Olennikova
Events work as a lead gen channel for us if we assign SDR resources to set up meetings in advance. We make sure the event we participate in has at least one of the following (ideally ticks all the boxes): - Attendee list - Networking app - Exhibitor/sponsor list - Networking time (super important - it shouldn't be just sessions one after another) We then assess the ICP profile of the audience and only set up meetings with companies and job titles that fit our ICP. Another tip is to make sure every note after the event is in your CRM, so that you can track the influence of the event on deals and won revenue. Hope this helps!
Daniel Zaitzow
I think it totally depends on who your end users are - if they are all comic book readers - having a boot at Comicon might make a ton of sense. I have friends in heavily regulated sectors (Alcohol / Cannabis) who need to spend time at events to do data mining. Great for networking and sometimes for email collection but it will always (i presume) be easier to collect leads or gather leads online - in groups and communities where your end users spend time.
Jackie Wilson
Events can be an effective strategy for lead generation, but their suitability depends on various factors related to your business goals, target audience, and available resources. Let's evaluate whether events are a good place for you to do lead generation: Target Audience: Consider whether your ideal customers attend or participate in events relevant to your industry. If your target audience frequently attends trade shows, conferences, or local events, then events can be a valuable lead generation channel. Product or Service: Assess whether your product or service can be effectively showcased or demonstrated at events. Some businesses, such as those offering tangible products, find events to be an excellent platform for lead generation, while others providing digital services may need to be more creative in their approach.