Anyone using GPT-3 in their app? If so, what are some pros and cons of using it?

Richard Gao
6 replies
There's lots of people using GPT-3 and some other text generators personally. For example, generating blog content or writing ad copy. But is anyone using it to build their own app or software? I'm curious to hear what pros and cons you've experienced using GPT-3 compared to other text generators. For the record, I'm looking create a Bloom (an open source large language model) API for developers that does something similar to GPT-3 but cheaper and able to process more languages. You can learn more from the discord link in my profile.

Replies

Favour Felix
Have any idea how much it costs or the pricing model for utilizing the GPT-3 APIs? You can equally point me to a resource.
Richard Gao
@favour_felix https://openai.com/api/pricing/ Depends on the model, but the "standard" is davinci, which is 2 cents for 1000 tokens. If you're curious, I'm currently developing my own API for an open source AI that already exists (BLOOM). We're still in development for our stable diffusion API for now, but we'll begin development on the BLOOM API once we're done. Feel free to check out more on my twitter @TheRealEtch for progress