Any music recommendations for working?

Roberto Pérez
19 replies
Was looking for any suggestions to Spotify playlists or Youtube channels that you guys listen to while working/coding/etc to stay focused or keep your momentum going. I hate working in a vacuum.

Replies

Masim beast
I love video game music. You should also try this
@masim_beast Oh! Could you guide me? Which video game soundtracks in particular should I start with?
Theo
@masim_beast @rockyperezz I mean the Witcher 3 has aazing music but makes me wanna play the game sooooo hahaha idk how that could be helpful but then again, to each their own!
@mae_twyman Any favorite composers or artists in this genre specifically you like listening to?
Theo
@mae_twyman how can you listen to Beethoven and not be moved to like, go dethrone a dictator instead of coding 56 more lines hahaha
mono lim
ChilledCow, Nujabes, Tycho, Lofi Girl, Mellow Beats
Eliza Crescini
Right now, Taylor Swift is playing! LOL
@eliza_crescini :) I actually like a number of her songs. What 3 songs would you say are your favorite?
Clyde Garrett
This is a Spotify playlist I'm listening to right now called "Yakuza Vibes Lofi". It's oriental, got a beat to it, and gets me in that jam. https://open.spotify.com/playlis...
@clyde_garrett Great stuff! I'm adding this to my playlist as well. Thanks!
Theo
Genuinely, I've found that the lofi girl YT channel scratches my brain so so well. I am WAY more productive with it on, and I've been that way ever since school -- would sneak earphones into my ears when I needed to sit a test or an exam cause otherwise I just couldn't concentrate. I swap the channel for Halloween lofi girl when it's spooky season and sometimes I experiment with other lofi playlists but a lot of them have a relaxing effect on me so I've stopped doing that :D One time it was a Sam Smith live and I ended up dancing a lot and staring at them and their dancers for like my whole break -- so not doing that anymore :D Sam Smith deserves ALL of my attention ahahaha
Sherry L
Someone started playing Christmas music in the office the other day! *YouTube surprisingly the office was quiet and productive whereas I was humming along hahaha
Tom Lee
I'm all about the war music - like the ones that makes you imagine movie scenes from 300 or LOTR battle scenes