• Subscribe
  • Any advice for a first time Product Hunt Launcher?

Matt
    3 replies
    Thanks in advance for the pointers! promptmule.com launches tomorrow!

Replies

Matt
    As someone who's been through a Product Hunt launch with PromptMule, I'd love to share some insights that might help first-time launchers. Firstly, it's crucial to be well-prepared for the traffic surge on your site. For us, ensuring our website could handle the influx of visitors was vital, and it paid off. Having a quality site with clear value propositions and offering free trials can significantly enhance user engagement. Interacting with the community is key. Engage actively with everyone who comments on your launch. This not only builds rapport but also gives you invaluable feedback. Leveraging your network for support and action can also make a big difference in the success of your launch. However, there are areas where we could have done better. Preparing early, especially on the social front, is something I'd advise. Focus on your social media strategy well ahead of the launch. Also, creating a central hub like a Linktree for all your important links is extremely useful and something we overlooked initially. Understanding your audience is critical. For instance, if your product is developer-focused but you're launching on a general platform, it can be challenging to hit the top spot. Tailor your message to resonate with the broader audience on such platforms. Lastly, use every social channel at your disposal to generate traffic. Make a list of these channels and prepare your strategy for each one before the launch. It's not just about having a great product but also about how well you can market it and get the word out. In summary, balance your product prep with social prep, understand your audience, and engage actively with the community. Good luck with your launch! promptmule.com https://linktr.ee/promptmule
    I would say build a community before launch but you’re off to the races with a launch tomorrow.. good luck. Reach out to me on LinkedIn and I’ll help support it. But yeah I would have recommended spending a month or two building a community to genuine contribution to discussions.