[AMA] We got 4,134 signups in 3 days after my 1st PH launch

Harris Cheng
32 replies
Honestly, we did not get as many likes as other products, but we got super lucky at that time! πŸ™ŒπŸ»

Replies

Rahul Choudhary
Congrats Man! Happy for you.
Harris Cheng
We were just #8 of the day, so it's definitely not a success story. Fortunately, we were still the last product on Page 1! 12 hours after the launch ended, we discovered 'a bug'. As we made an auto-email to send to us whenever there is a signup, my phone was buzzing once every 5 seconds, from 8PM till midnight. I reported it to my tech co-founder that we got a bug, and even joked that it's not a bug but we got loads of signups instead. We had a good laugh. After 2 minutes, he called back with an anxious voice and said, 'hey Harris... I think it's not a bug... All emails there are unique users with real email addresses...' Me: Oh shoot, our site got attacked by hackers... Eventually, we discovered that a famous Youtuber with 600K+ subscribers from India featured us on his channel -
I'm still so thankful today that we got the Jackpot! Ask me anything and I'm happy to share more of my experience and give back to the PH community!πŸ™ŒπŸ»
Aditi Rao
This is so inspiring @harrischh!! Saydata just went live, and I was hoping to get some advice on the most challenging aspect of your launch, and how would you tackle it now in retrospect?
Julien Zmiro
Amazing story and huge congrats! Number of upvotes are definitely not an end goal. Product Hunt is a great way to get some exposure and if you've built something valuable, this is often enough to get the attention of the right people. Well done!
Natella Nuralieva
Wow Harris! That is incredible! Congrats on the launch and such amazing results!
Daniel Hunt
What kinds of things did you do in preparation for the PH launch?
Harris Cheng
@daniel_hunt4 Great question. Tbh, we just tried doing everything we can without anything too magical. I think the maker comment is important. We mentioned we're happy to do collaboration - I guess it could be one of the reasons why we got featured. Of course, luckily speaking, our product is more advantageous by nature since we're serving content creators who is the source of our free PR.
These days getting mentioned by Youtubers is like having the Shark tank effect lol, any Youtuber wants to support my launch lmk πŸ˜‚ Anyways congrats on the launch! πŸš€
Harris Cheng
@soroushmalekyari that's right! Keep doing good things for people and you'll meet more great people to help you back:)
Italo Costa | System Developer
Wow, can you share the outreach strategy?
Harris Cheng
@italo_costa Tbh, we're mostly lucky, our product is more advantageous by nature since we're serving content creators who are the source of our free PR. However, I believe when you're helping people more and be nice and helpful, good things will come to you too haha!
Cyril Gupta
That's amazing! Congratulations
Anthony Adams
felicitations harris
Alec Nguyen
awesome story, congrats harris!
Joseph Lee
WOW! That's super impressive. Hoping for similar results with our launch πŸ™πŸ½
Kirill Sokol
4,134 signups is an amazing result! Admittedly, We at Skinive AI had #2 "Product of the Day" got fewer signups. I'd rather have more signups than a higher ranking in Product of the Day πŸ˜‰ Best of luck with the product development! πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
4,134 signups! OMG! That's a jackpot! Happy for you, Harris!
What an amazing story, wish we have this much success when we launch!