AI Reading Platform for work and school: Need of advice on a new product

Ivaylo Shirokanski
9 replies
Hi everyone, My name is Ivo and I am a first time entrepreneur. My team and I are working on an AI platform that helps people read faster and find the relevant information quicker. We are targeting people who read as part of their work or studies. Do you guys think its a problem worth solving? How do we validate our idea? Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

When developing an AI reading platform for work and school, it's essential to prioritize usability, accessibility, and accuracy of the content. Consider integrating features such as AI-powered summarization, topic categorization, and personalized recommendations to enhance user experience and productivity. Additionally, leveraging SEO tools from platforms like AiToolsKit.ai can help optimize content visibility and reach, ensuring your platform is easily discoverable by your target audience, whether they're students, professionals, or educators. ProductHunt Page: https://rebrand.ly/647498
Deniz Savkay
I think grown ups won't invest in such a product. However, I see value in incorporating this into education of little children. Kindergarten and early school teachers and parents are a good source of information about whether there is need for such a product. Good luck!
Ivaylo Shirokanski
@deniz_savkay what about people who conduct research in their jobs - reading market reports, technology papers, conduct transaction type of due diligence, read legal documents etc. I have been envisaging a product that help those people find the relevant information faster and potentially reduce their cognitive overload caused by going through countless of pages of text.
Deniz Savkay
@ivaylo_shirokanski the only valid way is finding such people and ask. might take a lot of effort but it will be worth knowing at the beginning
Michal Jackes
Validating your idea could involve conducting surveys or focus groups with your target users to gauge interest and gather feedback as runaway children. Also, consider pilot testing with a small group to refine your platform based on real-world usage.
Soumil Rathi
As a college student, I think we are probably your primary market. Professional researchers won't want to pass on their readings to AI platforms, and younger kids won't have tedious enough readings to pay for it. But college students are the perfect amount of lazy for your idea. The best way to validate it would probably be to reach out to students through LinkedIn or other platforms and asking them if this is an actual problem they face.
Ivaylo Shirokanski
@soumilrathi great advice! I do think that this is a huge potential market. Thank you :) And what would be your personal opinion? Would you use something that solves that problem for you?
Soumil Rathi
@ivaylo_shirokanski This isn't a problem I've faced personally, just due to my major (Computer Science has lower reading assignments than others). But a few of my friends have faced such a problem, and I'm sure they would benefit from such a platform.
Alex AI
Target 3/4 different groups as ICP. Find their communities - on FB/Linkedin/Twitter/Reddit Ask them. DM them. Jump on 1-1 calls. And based on the answers you'll be much more familiar if your idea worth it.