• Subscribe
  • AI in Customer Service

Aymen Yaqoob
    2 replies
    AI-powered chatbots and virtual assistants are becoming common in customer service. Do they improve customer experience or do we lose something important in the process? Share your thoughts and experiences.

Replies

Tim Liao
    I've had some firsthand experience using AI in customer service through our product, Minduck, particularly with B2B services for automotive brands. Our system allows customer service departments to import individual user dialogues. We then provide customer service agents with a mind map for each user. These mind maps include various branches containing information such as customer traits, service history, and even potential future sales opportunities. This approach significantly enhances the customer service experience by providing agents with a holistic view of the customer, enabling more personalized and proactive service. In my view, AI doesn't just improve efficiency; it enhances our understanding of customer needs, provided it's implemented thoughtfully. Minduck has just launched today! Feel free to check it out and give it a try. I'd love to hear your feedback.
    Tyler Cole
    I would argue that AI-powered chatbots have been around for many years already, way before the current LLM attention. When done right, they help the consumer resolve their problems quicker, and does call deflection/cost reduction to the company, so it's a win-win for both parties. I've spent years building contact center software, so I have been on both sides of the equation, and I can confidently say that 99% of the implementations out there are trash, and yields disadvantages to both the consumer and the company. It can be a difficult problem to solve.