After launch reflection: hints and regrets :D

Anastasia Reich
10 replies
Hello, Network! Three days after the fantastic Product Hunt launch, we at https://www.senseapp.ai/ have had some time to reflect on what we did right and what we could do differently next time. We've also got some best practices to share with all the newbies launching soon! So, First: - launch with a hunter! Don't miss this opportunity to gain more upvotes and engagement from the hunter's audience. It works accurately! - make sure you post at 12:00 PM PST! Even if your primary market is in Europe, this will give you maximum exposure to the Product Hunt launch. Posting at this time ensures your product gets exposure for the full 24 hours, with traction from Europe first and then the Americas after. We saw a rapid increase in our chart when the US woke up! What would we do differently next time: - For starters, keep in mind some top hunters hunt your product COMPLIMENTARY. We missed that. - Also, in the future, I'd make more supportive partnerships with the Product Hunt community. As we've learned, indie hackers are amazingly supportive! Anything to add/ask?

Replies

Eileen Simons
Thanks for sharing this! How did you get support from Indie Hackers and which other channels did you use to ask for support?
Sergey Potikhanov
Good points, looks like a checklist for my next launch :)
Carter Michael
Regrets: - Not building up a community before hand - Not scheduling a launch farther in advance and creating a teaser page Overall though, happy with how things went and it probably worked out the best it could at the time.
Anastasia Reich
@carter_barnett oh I can relate to the first point! Better starting to built community as early as possible
Carter Michael
@anastasia_reich 100% However hindsight is always 20/20 and you can use that built audience to relaunch when there's enough changes to warrant one!
Doğukan Tezcan
Thank you for sharing your experience!
Shubham Pratap Singh
Thanks for sharing this :)