• Subscribe
  • According to what do you recognise that video was made by AI (I am starting to be freaked)

Yesterday I saw the video (below in com.) with the HeyGen Avatar 3.0. So realistic – moves so believable, shot from different angles, lipsync... It is a huge shift but with all that perfection I can see possible threats of usage. How can you recognise this "fiction" from "reality"? Please, give me tips. 😀

Replies

Kannan Aravind
    Humans generally dont do repetitive gestures evenly or in an uniform freq ( hand movement, head shakes) instead our actions and gestures are sporadic and are mostly for emoting / emphasising something. AI's movement and gestures seems very calculated or uniform. P.S. I am really clutching at straws trying to get some differences 😂
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @kannan_aravind yeah, they still have that haptic part touching hands :D
    Emily Willis
    Always the weird hands/body parts & the cliche'd AI "look"!
    @emily_willis1 yes, they are too perfect but I had to say, that hands are quite good in the example from the link.
    Blake Martin
    You can usually tell a video was made by AI through a few signs: overly smooth facial features, constant eye contact with the camera, and a monotone voice. AI avatars also tend to pause precisely between sentences and never interrupt the person they’re “speaking” to, making interactions feel calculated rather than natural.
    Anton Rafalovskyi
    A look at the lips and hands is enough, it's usually enough for me to determine that the video is generated. But technology in this direction is developing rapidly, so maybe it will be possible to do it only with the help of software.
    @anton_rafalovskyi Unfortunately, by each model it is harder to detect. Maybe in 6 months we will not recognise anything "fake".