• Subscribe
  • A list of juiciest product design resources.. (for life beyond Figma) 🤌

Harshil Patel
    21 replies
    I think of design as a discipline and not as a practice caged inside a box like Figma, Sketch or XD 🙃 Here's a list of Books, Podcasts, Youtube Channels, Designers, and Creatives to follow and chew on. 📚 Books - Sprint - The Power of Moments - Hooked - User Friendly - Don't Make Me Think - Creative Confidence - Blue Ocean Strategy 🎙️Podcasts - Jake & Jonathan Show - Design Matters - 99% Invisible 🎥 YT Channels - AJ&Smart - The Futur - Jesse Showalter - UX Mastery 🖌️ Designers & Creatives - Fabricio Teixeira (First Principles) - Anthony Hobday (Visual Design) - Dan Mall (Design Systems) - Austin Kleon - Derek Sivers 🚀 Others - Email Templates (https://www.figma.com/community/file/1408677625426408192) Whom do you follow, watch, listen to or read? 🤔

Replies

Grayson Lily
    I’ve been using Figma for a while, but it’s exciting to explore what else is out there
    Harshil Patel
    @grayson_lily A lot actually 😅 Figma as a tool is great. But it's a place where one should create digital versions of the ideas created in a more analog setting.
    Cathy morino
    I Love the list you’ve shared! For books, I’m a big fan of Don’t Make Me Think, it’s such a classic. Do you have a favorite from this list?
    Harshil Patel
    @cathy_morino The Power of Moments is my favourite. The most mind blowing book I have read so far.
    Madison Marley
    The YouTube channels look great! I’ve watched a few from The Futur and learned a lot. What’s your top pick from these channels?
    Harshil Patel
    @madison_marley I am a Design Sprint Guy so mostly I am consuming Workshops, Facilitation, and Pricing. The Futur is all about Pricing and Personal Branding so yeah.. How about you?
    Uthappa Robb
    great list! I’d also add Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman to the book section and DesignBetter.co podcast for more insights.
    Harshil Patel
    @uthappa_robb Don Norman, the LEGEND. Of course. DesignBetter.co is new to me 🤔 will surely try it
    Teekaram Yogi
    I love this compilation! For a fresh perspective, consider adding Radical Candor by Kim Scott to the book list and The Design of Business podcast. On YouTube, The SketchUp Essentials has some great tips.
    Harshil Patel
    @teekaram_teekaramyogi Radical Candor is an amazing book. I lead a team of Designers and trust me, that's the only leadership book I have read so far (Leadership is an Art in waitlist). Kim Scott's matrix of Candor, damn.. Also, thanks for adding to the list. Will surely check these out 🔥
    Pablo Ani
    I love this list! It’s great to see resources beyond the usual tools.
    Morgan Harriss
    I’m particularly interested in Sprint and Hooked
    Mathews Simons
    I appreciate this discussion! While Figma is fantastic,
    Akute Mauton
    I’ve been diving into Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug lately such an eye-opener for usability. For podcasts, I enjoy Design Better for its practical tips. What’s your go-to resource?
    Harshil Patel
    @akute_mauton Currently, it's Lenny's Podcast (not in the list) But my favourite is the Jake & Jonathan show. These guys are like my favourite people.
    Udaya Sri
    I'm not a anything near to design but I appreciate the list as I've been thinking to become jack of all trades. Thank you for the list!
    Harshil Patel
    @udaya_sri I hope you have a great start 🔥
    Andrian Valeanu
    Add this resource to your collection https://www.figma.com/community/...
    Harshil Patel
    @andrianv These are amazing. Added 🤟