• Subscribe
  • To achieve better focus, I decided to make a social media feed blocker

Christian Yang
    4 replies
    Social media is helpful for sure, but to me, it is always hard to find a good balance. (Endlessly scrolling is incredibly hard to prevent.) I decided to experiment with blocking out feeds of varies social media, but then discovered that most of the blockers are for desktop browsers like chrome, none works on iOS. So for the past month, I picked up iOS development and made one myself. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to block the feed on the native social apps. Instead, I made it so that it blocks the element on the web version of the apps. Good enough for me. After using it for some time, I do find it super helpful. What do you all think? is it a good solution your issues with social media? app link: http://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1532992803

Replies

Sanaz Bidad
    That's a great idea, but I use time limitations on the iPhone and it's useful for me.
    Roman Velitskiy
    I know lots of folks use similar software but I don't believe any type of artificial limiters works in a long run. On the flipside, it's amazing you've discovered a problem and came up with a solution by learning something new. That's aspiring!