5 Small Changes That Can Have a Big Impact on Your Life

Mohamed Zakarya
12 replies
- Incorporate daily exercise: -- Exercise can increase endorphins, which can help reduce stress and improve overall well-being. - Start a gratitude practice: -- Practicing gratitude regularly can help shift your focus to the positive and improve your mood. - Cut out negative self-talk: -- Negative self-talk can be harmful and hold you back. Try replacing it with positive affirmations. - Create a daily routine: -- Creating a daily routine can help you be more productive, focused, and efficient. - Pursue a new hobby or interest: -- Exploring new hobbies or interests can help you learn new skills, meet new people, and bring more joy and fulfillment to your life. Always remember to take care of your mental and physical health :)

Replies

Kiv Aujla
Gratitude is where it's at! Just by writing down 3 - 5 things you're thankful for every morning, you can promote long-term benefits. It's easy to get caught up in focusing only on what you don't have or what you want, but it's taking time to be thankful for what you have that's crucial.
Mohamed Zakarya
@kivaujla Correct. It's because we as humans have a tendency to give more importance to negative experiences than to positive or neutral ones. So by practicing gratitude we manage to overcome that negativity bias and focus more on positive things
Kiv Aujla
@mohamed_zakarya what a huge design flaw haha. I'm sure it had enormous use back when we were hunters/gatherers and what not (maybe even now?), but it really puts a damper on things.
Anoir Houmou
Great info Mohamed!
Vladimir Rigenco
Thank you, Mohamed for sharing! I highly agree with the above-mentioned. I would also like to recommend one thing that helped me cope with work stress over the past 3 years and it is meditation! A 10-minute morning meditation regenerates my energy and focus on the most important things that need to be completed first thing in the morning
charles shiro
I will write a summary every day.
Jyoti Kanabar
Nice of you to share. I am struggling with 1 and 4 currently, have started with 2. How did make it a habit? Tips are welcome
Mohamed Zakarya
@jyoti_kanabar take it easy and don't push yourself. A daily exercise can be a part of your daily routine. You may start by just booking 15-30 minutes a day to exercise. Set it as a must do even if you're not in the mood. By time you'll find yourself doing it automatically because it'll be programmed inside your brain and you got used to it. And now you are exercising daily, plus you have some sort of daily routine that you can keep adding more activities into it the same way you did for exercising.