5 don'ts that you need to do which require minimum effort but deliver maximum impact on launch day 🚀

Sharath Kuruganty
6 replies
I hunted over 130+ products on @ProductHunt + advised many founders from early-stage to VC-backed to bootstrappers launch their startups smoothly and successfully! Here are 5 don'ts that you need to do which require minimum effort but deliver maximum impact on the launch day 👇🏼 1. Don't crave upvotes - No one remembers how many upvotes you get. Instead crave feedback. Inputs from the community are more valuable than numbers! Have a mindset to become better - from an individual standpoint and your product - only feedback makes this possible. 2. Don't optimize - Every distribution channel matters. You never know where you will get people's attention. Focus on all social platforms, email lists(only people you know), and communities you are part of - observe where you get better results and double down on that channel. 3. Don't overthink - Instead, be authentic. Overthinking wastes time and on the launch day every minute is precious. Shoot your shot, aggressively build in public and express emotions, highs, lows and more importantly be transparent with your audience - people appreciate that. 4. Don't target one niche - This is for startups who haven't reached PMF - PH is where you attract all sorts of people including your target niche. But an open mind will help you pick signals from other niches. You never know who is going to say I want this product. 5. Don't spam people - Even though you have good intentions when reaching out to random folks, it's not good practice. Always rely on folks you know and spread the organic reach - family & friends, early believers, existing customers, the audience you built, investors, etc. That's it. I hope this helps. What other don'ts are you following when you launch on PH? Drop them in the comments 👇🏼

Replies

Jamie Sprowl
This is awesome @5harath! Thanks for sharing your wisdom with others. They are all great, but #3 is my favorite. I think authenticity is so important here.
Developer X
thank you for valuable advices and experience sharing.
Solomon Bush
I like #4 - it's harder to pivot pre-PMF if you build on a niche segment.
Shahwaiz Raza
thanks for this amazing information
odul kaya
I really appreciate you sharing these excellent tips. They're incredibly helpful.
Ole Scheie
Thank you for the valuable advices, will keep them in mind when moving forward