• Subscribe
  • 4 months ago I made a huge bet resigning from Shopify after a massive raise. Here's the story.

Odun Odubanjo
    5 replies
    This story was originally published on LinkedIn but I've since received messages from several entrepreneurs who found it inspiring so sharing with the PH community. ____ 3 weeks before I resigned from Shopify, my salary was nearly doubled. I was expecting a company-wide comp increase like everyone else but I had no clue it would be that high. All of a sudden it didn't appear like such a smart move to go full-time on Insight7. Was I really going to walk away from this "new package" to earning nothing at a startup right in the middle of a looming recession and widespread layoffs? I was forced to rethink my plan. My manager advised me to continue on the side but I knew if the startup was going to succeed, I needed to invest more time in it. I believed we had a great product, a solid team and strong market signals. Still I had anxiety about the move so I thought to myself that there were only two possible outcomes. I am either successful with Insight7 or I land another gig. Either outcome was a bet on myself to figure it out. It has taken a lot of sacrifice to get to this point but I have no regrets. 4 months in, I am grateful to all those who have shown support: our first paying customer, our growing waitlisters, our early investors (including my sister who caught me by surprise) and friends who have helped with intros and feedback. It is true that when we have the courage to bet on ourselves we inspire our tribe to support our journey and then great things start to happen. ___ We're launching Insight7 on January 25th to help product teams analyse customer interviews and surveys 10x faster with AI. Join the waitlist here: https://insight7.io/

Replies

Adedayo Odubanjo
    You have got a fantastic product. Great Move!
    Cedric
    Nice! You'll always remember your first paying customer :) All the best, will check it out when you launch!
    Manoj Radhakrishnan
    Good luck for your launch