20 best Product Hunt launch tips + Free checklist

Olena Bomko
40 replies
No hacks. Just hard work. 1. No tips will save you if you don't have a good product, clear website, and simple onboarding. 2. You can't ask for upvotes, mass message users, or DM strangers on messengers (WhatsUp, Telegram). The PH team removes fake upvotes, and you might get disqualified completely 3. Prepare all PH assets for your launch. 4. Be active on PH (support others, create discussions, comment on others' discussions). 5. Create your Coming Soon page. Share it on PH, Twitter, LinkedIn. 6. Be active on social media. Post about your PH launch. 7. Connect with people from PH on LinkedIn/Twitter. 8. Clean your launch day and the day after that. 9. Check your website, analytics, and the onboarding process. 10. Check your welcome email sequence. 11. Engage in real-time. 12. Make sure you can reach out to people who can support your product throughout the 24-hour launch day. 13. DM people on your launch day with a reminder. 14. Join relevant groups and chats. Support people there. 15. Track your progress with tools like Hunted space. 16. Prepare social media posts, announcements for communities, emails. 17. If you have a team, assign responsibilities. 18. If you have investors/current customers or work with influencers, send them a reminder before and on your launch day 19. Ask happy users and customers about reviews. 20. Analyze your results, share updates, and say Thank you. My full Product Hunt Launch Checklist in Notion (free): https://olenabomko.gumroad.com/l...

Replies

Franklyn Gibbs
I'm gearing up for my first launch, and this list is a lifesaver. How long before the launch should I start with step 5, creating the Coming Soon page?
Misha Lyalin
good list, thanks Olena!
Neha
Great list share Olena! Thank you
Umar Saleem
Perfectly Summarized! Thank you for sharing @olenabomko
Natalia Toth
Thanks a lot for sharing Olena - saving this for the future!
Kate Ramakaieva
Great list! I agree with every point except asking happy users, customers, and investors for support on Product Hunt. People who do not know how the platform works genuinely want to support and create accounts on PH just to support, but their upvotes are removed or even the launch is banned due to the high number of new users supporting. So you need to be careful with this.
Nsikan Dickson
Yes, but I am doing that for life to get good results. That is why I am here to discuss with you the best way so that I will not disqualify for everything I am doing. I am also looking for a way for me to help people because it is people that help me too.
Prem Saini
Thanks for sharing this olena, just curios do you still hunt the products?
Federico Zuluaga Knorr
Thanks for the tips @olenabomko How long before the launch should I prepare the Coming Soon page?
Olena Bomko
@federico_zuluaga_knorr Depends on your resources. About 3 weeks. My full checklist: https://olenabomko.gumroad.com/l...
Alexandra G
Great checklist! Would add just one more thing - ensure your Maker profile is up to date. Your launch can get so much traction if your community here receives a reminder
kushagra
This is a good list, thanks Olena!
Hakim Zerhouni
Launching soon!
Thanks for sharing these valuable insights for a successful Product Hunt launch, Olena! Your checklist covers everything from preparation and engagement strategies to maintaining authenticity and tracking progress. It's clear that meticulous planning and genuine community interaction are key to making an impact on launch day
Elaine Lu
Thanks for sharing these valuable tips, Olena! They’re incredibly insightful and will definitely help in planning a successful Product Hunt launch.
Julie Su
Theses informations are quite useful. However, I have a question: what is the purpose of connecting with PH individuals on LinkedIn? I'm looking forward to seeing the full list. Could you provide the complete link?
Pachi from Webcrumbs
This list is soo useful! Thanks for sharing
My3 Murthy
Amazing list Olena- thanks for keeping it real & reminding people that there is no shortcut that can guarantee success!
Bon
20 tips to #1!!!! Thank you for sharing!
Sawyer Wyatt
Hey Olena after so long you have posted a great piece of content
Amit Gawande
That was straight to the point! Liked it.