🔥🔥 160 day streak 🥳 How to never break your Streak: Quick Daily Tips 🔥 🔥

Abdal Yousef
42 replies
Hey folks! Quick tip from my 159-day ProductHunt journey: It’s not just about showing up; it’s about showing up right. Give that upvote button some love and drop a comment that sparks a convo. Set that reminder, make it a habit, and boom – you’re not just keeping a streak; you’re building a legacy. Remember, a login alone won’t keep the streak. Keep it real, keep it daily. Let's do this!

Replies

Joep van den Bogaert
Amazing! 👏🏻 I'm only at 42 days right now - but like you say, I've been trying to add value, ask questions, give feedback, and engage in discussions. I agree that this is what makes the whole experience worthwhile! It's also amazing to see that the folks I connected with over this time are really taking the effort to check out my launch and comment on it today (https://www.producthunt.com/post...).
Abdal Yousef
@jopie That's fantastic to hear, Joep! 🚀 Reaching a 42-day streak is no small feat, and it's clear you're on the right path by focusing on meaningful engagement and building connections. I've upvoted your launch and left a comment.
ISTIAK AHMAD
Hey man , how are you doing? ( :
Abdal Yousef
@istiakahmad Hey ISTIAK, I am doing well and you? it has been a couple of weeks ago that we talked. I see you are launching soon. Wish you best of luck and don't hesitate to DM me on LinkedIn if you need any support.
ISTIAK AHMAD
@abdalyousef Hey man yes, its been a while since we last communicated. Last couple of weeks has been quite some weeks, since needed to complete the product. Finally its done and the launch is knocking to the door. Sure, i am going to keep in touch man (: 👊
Valentyna Zakharova
Great strategy! But I also recently read that ProductHunt doesn't allow you to get the product of the day organically as you need to pay to be featured. But still, the article's author succeeded in his goal by a great audience engagement. So now it's still a question to me whether it's really possible to achieve with effort or only by paying. What do you think? Please tell me more amount Top 270? what's this?
Abdal Yousef
@valentyna_zakharova Hey Valentyna, you're hitting on a real talk topic here! It’s a mix, honestly. While ProductHunt shines a spotlight on organic growth and community vibes, sure, there's a bit of hustle behind the scenes. Some folks lean into ads or influencers to drum up buzz. It’s not the end-all-be-all, but it can give a nudge, especially with those authentic micro-influencers who have a knack for rallying the crowd​​​​. About the Top 270 thing—it's like a badge of honor for those of us who live and breathe ProductHunt, showing we're all in, engaging and contributing daily. It’s less about the cash splash and more about vibing with the community and getting your hands dirty. You can see the most active community members here: https://www.producthunt.com/visi... So, while a little promotional push can help, never underestimate the power of good, old-fashioned engagement. Keep it real and stay active; that’s where the magic happens.
Peter Nick
Awesome I just started my streak again. Previously I did 50+ days but I have a question though what is the benefit of this steak?
Abdal Yousef
Hey @peter_nick, Kudos on kicking off your streak again! Going past 50 days is no small achievement. About the benefits? Well, maintaining a streak, as James Clear highlights in "Atomic Habits," is all about building and reinforcing good habits. It's not just the act of doing something daily but what it signifies—persistence, resilience, and gradual improvement. The "Never miss twice" principle is crucial here; it helps you bounce back and keep the momentum, preventing one slip from turning into a habit of not doing. This approach has been a game-changer for me, not just on ProductHunt but in other areas like meditation and sports. It’s less about the streak itself and more about what it teaches you: consistency, recovery, and the power of small, daily actions. Hope that sheds some light on the value of keeping up your streak! FYI @sophia_watt
Sophia Watt
I did try it last month but due some my personal things my streak was broken on 40 days and that time my heart was broken so I never have started it again
Abdal Yousef
@sophia_watt I completely get how you feel. I had my heart set on a 35-day streak once, and losing it due to personal reasons was tough. But here I am, on my current streak, more resilient because of that experience. Just like I mentioned to @peter_nick, drawing from "Atomic Habits," it's crucial to bounce back with the mindset of "Never miss twice." It’s not the length of the streak that counts, but the habit it helps build and the resilience we gain from restarting. Seeing your streak end at 40 days is disappointing, but it's also a sign of what you're capable of. Starting again isn’t starting from scratch but from experience. You’ve got this, and we’re all here cheering for you!
Rose Linda
Congrats!!! Honestly It is really hard to maintain your daily streak :(
Abdal Yousef
@rose_linda, I totally understand where you're coming from—it can seem daunting at first. But truly, it becomes much more manageable when you aim for something beyond the streak itself. Consider setting a daily goal to support a launch and contribute a thoughtful comment. This way, it’s not just about the streak; it’s about engaging meaningfully with the community every day. You’ve got this! 😉
@rose_linda I'm making a Chrome plugin that reminds you if you're forgetting your streak. I can't post links freely, but my PH profile has a link to my launch teaser :)
Abdal Yousef
@jgani Sounds cool. When are you launching? Just drop me a message on LinkedIn on the launch day and I would be happy to support you.
Jake Tital
Nicely done Abdal! I'm going for 256!
Abdal Yousef
@jaketital thank you, Jake 😊 Nice to get in touch with you on PH. I know you from the PHStreakers Club and also from the top PH Streakers list ;-)
Abdal Yousef
@jaketital 🤣 certainly not if you are at least one of the following: - are a 100+ PH Streaker - are posting and/or commeting on PH and PH linkedIn groups reguarly - have launched a product in the last few months
Great message. It's not just about creating noise, but it's about adding value by offering insights, giving feedback, etc.
Abdal Yousef
@jgani Thanks, Jonni! Exactly, it's all about meaningful contributions that enrich the community. Appreciate your insight!
Jonah Marty
For a genuine taste of Singaporean food, you have to visit the Maxwell Food Centre. There's something for everyone, including the well-known chicken rice and aromatic laksa. A visit to the well-known booths, such as Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice, and the lively environment is highly recommended. You shouldn't miss this gastronomic treasure.https://maxwellfoodcentre.com/
Milli Sen
Nice one..18 days and counting.. LFG!
PRIYANKA MANDAL
Congratulations on your impressive streak, Abdal.
Business Marketing with Nika
Congratulation! Keep going there is so many things to explore :)
Abdal Yousef
@busmark_w_nika Absolutely, Nika, thank you and congratulations for you too on being in the Top 20 streakers and having impressive 492 day streak.
Ricardo Batista
Nice - for a beginner like me, are you seeing any uplift in conversions in your product?
Abdal Yousef
@rbatista19 Certainly, Ricardo! Engaging actively on ProductHunt has been pivotal for JaevesAI. Post clinching #3 Product of the Day, we've seen a notable increase in our network and user base. I've forged valuable connections across LinkedIn and beyond, effectively boosting JaevesAI's user numbers. This visibility has broadened our community reach and significantly accelerated our growth trajectory.
Hey Abdal, congrats!!! We are launching next tuesday! Come see it!
Abdal Yousef
@beatrizlramos Hey Beatriz, thank you and best of luck. DM me on LinkedIn on the launch day and I will make sure to support your launch :-)
Golden words, Abdal! 100% agree with you. But here's a question and I expect an honest answer :D Were there days, when you didn't feel like you can contribute at all and you had to just push yourself to do the bare minimum for the engagement?
Abdal Yousef
@sandradjajic Absolutely, Sandra! Your question really gets to the heart of the journey. Indeed, there were days when mustering motivation was a struggle, where all I could do was the bare minimum. On other occasions, fatigue or illness meant I wasn't as active on PH as I'd hoped to be. However, these moments revealed the profound impact of even the smallest efforts. Maintaining consistency, no matter how minimal, accumulates over time, setting off a cascade of impacts that extend far beyond the moment. It's about accepting those challenging days as integral to the journey, understanding that every small step is, in its own way, a triumph. Adopting this mindset has cultivated a resilience and discipline that enriches not only my engagement but also my personal and professional growth.
Michael Shver
Congratulations! And yes, completely agree about "showing up right." The most important part of the streak is not the number of days, but what you do on these days when you show up. 🔥🔥🔥
Abdal Yousef
@michaelshver Thanks, Michael! Exactly, it's all about making those days count with meaningful actions. Appreciate your support! 🔥 Keep the hard work up :-)
Gurkaran Singh
Congrats on the impressive streak! Consistency is key, but engagement is queen. Remember, it's not just about the numbers, but the connections you make along the way. Keep sparking those convos and building that legacy, one upvote at a time. Keep up the great work! 🔥🎉
Abdal Yousef
Absolutely, @thestarkster! It's all about the genuine interactions and the community we build together. Cheers to more impactful connections beyond the upvotes! 🔥
Christian Gyenes
Amazing! Congratulation!