• Subscribe
  • 1 productivity hack that helps me with creation

Going out (ideally nature), taking only paper and notebook – start to write. – No online distractions (you will look up, and check information later when you get back home). – Writing by hand strengthens neural paths and also soft motoric skills. – Today, I did more outside during 2 hours than the whole workweek inside the home office. What "unusual" hack helps you to be more productive/effective/creative?

Replies

Marry Bokr
    I also noticed that a change of scenery helps me be more productive. For example, I find that morning walks in the fresh air help me get in the mood for the day and generate ideas. All my thoughts come into order and I have a clear plan of action for the day. Sometimes, I bet on sport at https://betbazar.com/ to take my mind off work and recharge. It adds a bit of excitement and fun, which helps me find balance between productivity and relaxation.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @marry_bokr When do you wake up? 😄
    Nathan Covey
    This is awesome. What are you usually writing? Posts for PH?
    @nathancovey Posts for PH – usually prewrite something in Word Docs :D but when I am creating a script for my YouTube videos (educational or interview questions for guests) – I am gonna outside first and sit somewhere writing on paper with the pen (analogue world) :D
    Dan O'Malley
    I really like the idea of going out in nature to write in a notebook. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Bon
    Dedicate one or two days each week to disconnect from work completely. Use this time to read a book, watch videos, or spend quality time with my family.
    @bonvisions Don't you have sometimes in the background of your head such a feeling to work on something?
    Alexandre Contador
    Videco - AI Personalized Video
    Did that yesterday on a plane! Basically just a small notebook and started writing about Videco plan till end of the year. Validation, PMF, Content, Product, goals and OKRs
    @alexdigitalmkt Cool! How many paper pages have you covered? :)
    Emily Willis
    Me too NIka! Starting my day with physical activity, out in nature always kicks off my day well & gets my endorphins firing! If I'm ever mentally "stuck," I just go outside, & creativity & ideas always start flowing. Nature doesn't need humanity but humanity needs nature don't you think?
    @emily_willis1 wise words. That's maybe the answer why we are so relieved after exercising –> those endorphins :)
    jackCheng
    The natural environment does make it easier for people to focus on their creation
    @jack1129 🏊‍♀️ Yep, I was also swimming so I merged nature with sport activity –> more oxygen for my brain :D
    Susan Pan
    I actually found working along with any "study with me" series YouTube videos would help! It makes me feel like someone is competing, but also accompanying you. It's a weird feeling but it does help!
    Fitri Maulida
    To be more effective and productive, it might be best to focus on a single task or thing at a time and avoid multitasking.
    Janu Lingeswaran
    Interesting! I usually do the exact opposite. I write all my stuff inside and on my laptop. For some reason i am more creative when I write on the laptop than on paper. Probably just a habit.
    @janu maybe your work routine is better like this. If you have more ideas in such environment – stick rather to it :D
    Eddie Hsu
    I completely agree! For me, the best note-taking method is still using paper and pen. I always jot down my thoughts in a notebook first, then dedicate a day each week to organizing them into applications for sharing. This process has significantly boosted both my creativity and productivity.
    @apolkingg8 you mentioned a good thing: dedicating time – it is good to give some things time and get back later to see if it works. :)
    Han Kim
    Launching soon!
    Thanks for sharing! Will keep this in mind going forward. Love the idea of being outside in nature
    Ernest Wolfe
    Escape the Algorithm
    Escape the Algorithm
    Launching soon!
    I love this! My productivity hack is talking to my plants. They're great listeners and never interrupt. Plus, they remind me to stay rooted and keep growing! 🌱😄 What’s your plant-based productivity tip?
    I try to follow a plant-based diet predominantly. Does it count too? :D @nestolobo Jokes aside :D I do not have many plants in the apartment because of exercising. I would probably damage the environment because of my "stunts" :D