Why is everyone here so obsessed with Streaks?

Messages From Life
58 replies
I don't quite get what the benefit is. I have a 2 day Streak, does that make me royalty here?

Replies

William Davis
Fear of missing out (FOMO): Users might fear losing their streaks because it's tied to a feeling of missing out on something or losing a level of engagement with their friends or followers.
Kate Ramakaieva
Hahah, not yet, wait utill 100 and loose it just like I did 😁
Daniel Burns
I am also not keeping a streak here. There's the 'internal award' of this gamification part of the platform. Being active showcases someone's persistence and highlights their commitment to engaging and maintaining connections, thereby strengthening relationships.
Messages From Life
@dan_burns got it thanks. it does not help with the launch or anything. i noticed there is a great community here.
Olena Bomko
I don't care about a streak as a number. I know people who log in just to keep their streaks. It's useless. I do care about bringing value to the PH community every day.
@olenabomko great response. I would also add it’s the community and friendships that bring here everyday not the streaks
Diksha Patro B
- Gives subconscious validation in terms of consistency and showing up. - Builds some level of authority in the platform and community!
Murat ⚑
@dikshapatrob Interesting, I was seeing it the other way around. A very conscious effort and a gamified reminder to keep important things on the foreground. Shipping fast, promoting your product, seeking feedback, learning more about similar products... All
Anjali N
It's not about the streak, it comes down to consistency. However, I have come across individuals who only log in to maintain their streak. I have lost my streak 5 times and it doesn't matter to me much now. But consistency of logging in on PH, sharing & learning some insights + building some connections defintely goes a long way!
Prem Saini
Streaks don't matter to be very honest. Being there for launches and also supporting the innovative tools is what PH is all about
I think it is because it will ranking u different way!
Hannah
Streaks aren't everything, but if I log in to PH every day, I can gain more knowledge for my next launch.
Ashutosh Kumar
I think we all know about obsession with **Streaks**
Khul Anwar
yes. as newbie this is also my question about what benefit of have high streaks ?
Drew_Quinn
you can climb the leaderboard with it and people will reach out to your more
Messages From Life
so basically if i reach 100 i am the king of PH und you have to bow before me. got it. btw I am Mathias. I am from Vienna, Austria, I am married and have a baby boy. I started Messages From Life (www.messagesfromlife.com) my problem: i felt depressed and I tried to cheer myself up. But I wished I heard it from someone else. That maybe Life itself told me that I was going to be ok. My idea: www.messagesfromlife.com You receive a short daily reminder and encouragement from Life. Reminders to take it easier, to focus on what is important and that you have an important place in the world
Nonye
I don't care about streaks, in my opinion it feels manipulative.
Markk Tong
It's totally understandable to wonder about the hype around Streaks. The benefit of maintaining a streak is that it helps you stay consistent and motivated in whatever activity or goal you're working on.
Sidra Arif
I would love to know the benefits behind the streaks to kind of keep me motivated to continue it.
Joseph D Garner
I am not. Just lost my 30+ streak.
I have made 100 but then break it as it was not benefitting me
Indu Thangamuthu
Good Question. I am more obsessed with weekends, rather than streak. (Guess, now people understand what my max. streak count will be) πŸ˜‚
Humans are simple, and I count myself in that category. :D