What was your very first business?

Austin Hudspeth
2 replies
I'll go first... I was 7 or 8 years old, and my friend showed me Napster. I had no idea the impact it was having on the music industry, but even as a kid, I couldn't believe I could download any album in existence. Within a week we were downloading albums, printing album covers, stuffing them in clear jewel cases and selling them to our friends' moms. It lasted a few weeks until my Dad found out. He ran a small recording studio, and he was pretty pissed about the whole piracy thing. It's funny how much I learned in those couple weeks though. - Make something people want - Don't be afraid to break some rules - Don't tell your parents what you're up to What was your first venture? :)

Replies

Gurkaran Singh
Hey there! Love your story about the Napster hustle at such a young age! 😄 My first business endeavor was creating hand-drawn bookmarks when I was around 10. I went door to door in my neighborhood selling them, and I actually made a few bucks! Learning early about entrepreneurship teaches us valuable lessons, even if it means keeping some projects on the down-low from the parental units, right? Can't wait to hear more first venture stories from the community! 🚀