SEO might not be relevant in the future. How do you prepare?

Robert Rotznig
4 replies
With the uprising of AI and LLMs (and AI-powered searches) SEO will change and become GAIO (Generative AI Optimization) and I'm wondering how are you preparing for it? Currently, I don't see a lot of discussion around this topic and I wonder why the discussion is so widely neglected. SEO is such a huge industry and based on a report of Gartner, the research and consulting company, 50% of the traffic of Google will vanish or rather transform in the next 4 years. Do you currently measure or monitor the ranking of your brand or product in LLMs? I would love to hear your thoughts. Disclosure: We are using Otterly.AI to monitor our ranking.

Replies

Ignas Vaitukaitis
Interesting topic. It's similar to SEO in the early 2000s. Isn't it true that when I prompt ChatGPT or Gemini, asking for something like "give me the best pizza place in London in 2024," they essentially extract information from the first few pages that appear either on Bing or Google? This process still involves SEO, but it will be nice to see how everything will shift in the next 5 years
Gurkaran Singh
The future of SEO is definitely an intriguing topic! As technology evolves, so does optimization. Embracing Generative AI Optimization sounds like a smart move. Keeping a pulse on these changes and adapting early is key in staying ahead of the game. Exciting times ahead! 🔮 #AdaptOrVanish
Fei C.
Well AI really helps opimizing your content in SEO, but the detailed deployment is very trick as you have to use your keywords in a right place, or cobime your keywords with your topic. If just dump all these works into AI, you need to train the model, really daunting
ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
If we are to believe google all this will be solved with more and more image searching, but idk about that, would there be image SEO?