• Subscribe
  • Is social media marketing better for B2C or B2B businesses?

Ezgi Yeğinaltay
    63 replies
    To me, social media marketing is effective for both B2C and B2B businesses, but the strategies and platforms used may vary. B2C businesses often focus on platforms like Facebook and Instagram, while B2B businesses find success on LinkedIn and Twitter. Ultimately, the choice depends on the target audience and industry. What are your thoughts on this?

Replies

Kirill Sokol
    Skinive AI: Skin Scanner, health checkup
    Social media marketing can be effective for both B2C (Business to Consumer) and B2B (Business to Business) businesses, but the approach and platforms used may vary. B2C businesses often find success on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, where they can directly reach and engage with a broader consumer audience. B2B businesses, on the other hand, tend to do well on platforms like LinkedIn, where they can connect with other businesses, professionals, and industry-related content. The choice depends on the specific goals, target audience, and products or services offered by the business.
    Anthony Latona
    350+ E-Commerce Tools Database
    It definitely depends on audience, industry and a tailored approach for each social platform. If you're selling a neat consumer product, goofy and fun posts might work great on TikTok, Insta, FB, Twitter, etc... but it's unlikely that you're selling aromatherapy humidifiers or pet toys on LinkedIn. The important thing to note that is that people like following people - not brands. Your brand can and should have it's own social presence, but that's not where the best relationships are built. Whether you're selling huge B2B SaaS licenses or luxury sailboats, people seem to prefer the personal connection. There are plenty of cases of the founders or CEOs having many more followers than their brand. Anyway... I don't think there's truly a better or worse scenario for B2C vs. B2B if you have the right strategy: targeting, messaging, branding, offer, etc... social media works from building value, building trust and building connections.
    Taiki Iwasaki
    I think both can be effective, but for B2B, We need to reach the decision makers, and I feel that SNS is a bit weak in that regard.
    Darya Skorokhod
    Manganum sidebar for Google Chrome
    Manganum sidebar for Google Chrome
    It's easier to grow and engage with your audience on social media when you're b2c, yet it's vital for a b2b brand to be present online as well: you might have less engagement rate, but still get new customers and build your visibility thanks to SM. The choice of using the right social media should depend on the company goals in the first place.
    Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
    For sure both! You're right about it depending on your target audience. Meet them where they are at!
    Erick Philbert
    I think social media works more beter for B2C...
    Daniel Burns
    I agree. It can be beneficial for both and it highly depends on the target audience and tailoring your strategies to fit the right platforms. However, I've also seen that in some cases, it worked better and brought better results for B2C businesses. But it's all about knowing your audience and industry inside out and finding what truly clicks.
    Eugene Yarovoii
    Social media marketing is versatile, but B2C benefits from visual, relatable content, while B2B thrives on professional, educational material. Fun fact: Cute animal content appeals to everyone, even CEOs!
    Klaudia Bumgarner
    It's better for both B2B and B2C
    Yavuz Tunc Emran
    Tamly: Automate B2B Sales Outreach
    Tamly: Automate B2B Sales Outreach
    It can benefit both, but the approach and platforms used may differ. It depends on your goals and target audience.
    Darcy Andrews
    i think both are good
    Ghost Kitty
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    Comment Deleted
    Magic Mike Paine
    Even when marketing B2B you still should be targeting the decision maker. Social media works for both when you know your audience. Present a solution to the person that will buy. Use the platform that has their attention.
    Melissa Hugel
    As a B2B business, Social Media marketing has been invaluable for us. Organically, we have seen a lot of success on LinkedIn and Instagram, but also surprisingly TikTok. TikTok is more of a brand awareness exercise for us, but we have had prospective customers mention our presence on the platform as a reason they reached out. However, part of our target audience is marketers, who tend to be on social media, so that is an important consideration.
    Ashleigh McCabe
    I think social media works best for selling directly B2C however there is still a massive opportunity for B2B. I think even if your social channels aren't being used to actively 'sell' for a B2B, it's still an opportunity to provide social proof to prospective customers by sharing customer testimonials, reviews, case studies product updates etc.
    Sean Ward
    I would’ve said B2C, but after looking at other responses….idk if that’s entirely true. I guess the best way to look at it is that there’s more than plenty creativity opportunities for both using social media.
    Social media marketing can benefit both B2C and B2B businesses, but each may require different strategies and approaches. Problem: Creating engaging and consistent social media content for a B2B business can be time-consuming and challenging. Contentify can help by automating the creation and publication of content across social media platforms, tailored to align with the brand identity and marketing goals of a B2B business.
    AmazingSylvia
    I think it will benefit both, but especially better for B2C. For B2B sales team is more important.
    Daxeel Soni
    Totally agree that social media marketing can be beneficial for both B2C and B2B businesses, but the strategies indeed differ. It's crucial to understand where your target audience spends most of their time and interact there. Also, it's not only about choosing the right platform, but also crafting the right message that resonates with your target audience. In B2B, thought leadership and educational content work well while B2C usually respond to emotionally engaging and entertaining content. Analyzing your audience's behavior can give you valuable insights into crafting your social media strategy.