• Subscribe
  • Is anyone else bored of the AI buzz?

Claudia Nathan
    3 replies
    So I get AI is a more complicated and multi-faceted subject than this is going to give it credit for, but has anyone else started just scrolling past anything with the word AI in it? Marques Brownlee posted a video recently that hit the nail on the head for me; AI the product vs AI the feature. AI was around quite some time before it hit mainstream media, I’m curious to know everyone’s thoughts on how AI is currently being ‘productized’? I feel Apple Intelligence is a decent example of what we should be doing with AI: an embedded experience/one that supports (not replaces) existing human endeavours on and offline. It’s already proving to be much better at—and have much more significant impact at scale—when it ‘supports’ instead of ‘replaces’. I feel like this should be the same for technology, I don’t want an AI tool to replace the tools I like to use and work I enjoy doing, I want it to make that work a more lightweight, streamlined and scalable experience so I can actually close my laptop at 5pm. If you feel otherwise, let me know why below (genuinely curious).

Replies

Simona O'Neill
    I too only use AI as an aid rather than a substitute. It can be super super usefull at times, but it can also kill your natural creativity if overused. Find the perfect balance and we can live happily ever after alongside each other :-)
    Andreas Sohns
    I agree that the best use of AI is to make our lives easier, not take over our tasks.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Totally get you! Sometimes the AI hype feels like the tech version of a catchy pop song on repeat on every radio station. Let's hope we can find the 'skip' button soon and get back to the deep cuts of tech innovation.