• Subscribe
  • If you could improve one thing about Product Hunt, what would it be?

Olena Bomko
    55 replies
    For me, it's how Product Hunt features products on the homepage. Sometimes, it's difficult to understand the criteria. What about you?

Replies

Umar Saleem
    B2B Rocket
    B2B Rocket
    Launching soon!
    @olenabomko I was thinking about starting a similar discussion from the last few days considering bugs on Product Hunt 😀
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    This as well but for me these 2 things: – Bookmarking conversation as some hints are beneficial. – Bots. – it is quite disturbing.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    @olenabomko @umar_saleem I also noticed it, Umar. I am okay with the idea that everyone should get an equal chance to be featured but it feels like suppressing in some cases. Life is not fair but hardly to expect a good opinion about this platform when there will be a kind of "totalism". AKA welcome to the virtual SK republic lol :D
    Umar Saleem
    B2B Rocket
    B2B Rocket
    Launching soon!
    @olenabomko @busmark_w_nika If everyone gets an equal chance of being featured, it would be fine.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika @olenabomko @umar_saleem 100 percent right, like when I post random questions they get featured, but when I post about something important to me, don't get feature :/
    Umar Saleem
    B2B Rocket
    B2B Rocket
    Launching soon!
    @olenabomko @hamza_afzal_butt @busmark_w_nika Maybe The "Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe" Method 😁😁
    YanXu
    @busmark_w_nika @olenabomko @umar_saleem @hamza_afzal_butt Ditto, there's always something inexplicable in the conversations I get to see every day
    Fabian Maume
    +1 about clarifying the condition to be featured on the homepage. Let the rank randomization in the first hours of the day, filter relevant products.
    Priyanka Saini
    +1 Absolutely, I agree. There’s no clear criteria for featuring products on Product Hunt’s homepage, and it’s disappointing when our hard work doesn’t get the visibility we hoped for. Unfortunately, there isn’t an FAQ addressing this issue on PH. - Bots - Sometimes not all discussions appear in the group.
    Morgane Granier
    I just heard from a fellow hunter the reason why products are not featured is the quality of the tagline, videos and images uploaded. No idea if it's true 😂
    Olena Bomko
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    @morgane_glt It's true. But sometimes, they don't feature products even with a good tagline, videos, and images.
    Jens Schumacher
    Products that aren't featured at launch are essentially invisible. It's a manual select as far as I understand. Not ideal if your the person making that decision doesn't understand your product.
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    Being able to message the Active member on Product hunt.
    YanXu
    I believe an important improvement would be the ability to quickly browse all the apps that a person has ever published, if possible.
    Deepa Somasunderam
    more affordable advertising
    Milli Sen
    Bookmarks definitely.
    Nevil Ling
    I would love to see a feature that highlights the most discussed products of the week. It would be great to keep up with what everyone’s talking about!
    Kavya Tripathi
    If I could message product hunters directly.
    aliza beth
    I’d like to see more in-depth profiles for makers. It would be nice to learn more about the people behind the products I’m interested in.
    Michael Gonzalez
    I think integrating a way to link to product reviews from other sites directly on Product Hunt would be helpful. It would give me a fuller picture of what people are saying.
    Katerina Dedyulya
    - possibility to connect with people (aka messaging)
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    Notifications can be made better.
    Vimal Kumar
    I would like to add a feature for videos.
    Nathan Covey
    1. Be able to post photos 2. No bots
    Kathe Jordan
    I would love a way to save or bookmark products directly from the homepage. It’d make tracking interesting finds a lot easier.
    Alexandre Contador
    Videco - AI Personalized Video
    I think that will be mainly bots - it's just not fair for the majority