• Subscribe
  • Do you ever mention competitors in your demo calls ?

Toni
    41 replies
    Founders are often afraid to mention the competition, almost like they pretend it doesn’t exist ? But imo it’s ok to aknowledge other solutions’ qualities to solve specific use cases your tool cannot. Builds trust. WDYT ?

Replies

Kavya Tripathi
    If you want to emphasize how your product differs from or outperforms a competitor, mentioning them can be effective. Focus on the unique value your product offers without disparaging the competitor.
    Udaya Sri
    I also think it's okay to mention competitors' names. Isn't that pretty common?
    Toni
    @udaya_sri unfortunately , I still see many founders who are afraid of “comparing” themselves or try to hide the competition when they demo
    Edena
    PixelFree Studio
    PixelFree Studio
    We focus on the many features our product offers during demos and are open to questions. I think it's a good idea to mention the strengths of your competitors openly, rather than keeping them a secret. You can do this wherever it fits for your product.
    Toni
    @edena 100% agreed. Most of the time you are in a competitive market. It’s more effective and trust-building to explain where you excel and where you can improve. As well as mention when you don’t solve the need and point the customer into the right solution, instead of trying to force them into buying yours which will result in churn quickly 😅
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    @edena That is an excellent point. I have to agree. Thanks for sharing Edena.
    Vidhi Nagpal
    I personally dont prefer it! Customers will see value and differentiation in a product that strong. Having said that, Customers often ask how is your product different from 'xyz' competitor. In such a case i have a compelling answer ready!
    Toni
    @vidhi_nagpal thanks for sharing. The idea is not to sell other products of course, but based on the customer needs and requests, a knowledge where you are the best fit, and where you can improve. And if your product can’t solve their problem, accept to direct them to a solution that will. That’s how I approach it.
    Raza Rasool
    If you have something as a competitive edge over your competitors you can highlight it even more by sharing that they don't have it.
    Toni
    @razayousaf exactly. And also be transparent when asked about an area where you are not as good as others instead of pretending to be
    Nupur Tevatiya
    Yes, and sometimes been asked to as well. Mostly they ask about how we differ from our competitors.
    Toni
    @nupur_tevatiya exactly ! And nowadays, most of the time when they come to you they already checked the competition. That’s why I always start by asking what their goal is and what they try to achieve, so that can mention the competition if needed even before they ask. To show my expertise and what makes our tool stand out
    Maryam Ibrahim
    Yes, mentioning competitors during calls can beneficial
    Deepa Somasunderam
    I think yes because it helps ppl get the picture quickly!
    Olivia Watson
    Talking about competitors can show that you are aware of the makes your tool unique.
    Toni
    @olivia__watson 100% aligned. Totally. And shows confidence and transparency which builds more trust and rapport
    Aciscio Deschamps
    It’s useful to mention competitors to provide context
    Simon Paul
    Mentioning competitors during demo calls can be really effective. It shows you’re knowledgeable about the industry and helps potential clients see where your product stands out
    Mae Twyman
    I agree, acknowledging competitors can actually build trust. It shows you’re aware of the market and confident in what your tool offers. Transparency is key.
    Allen Deck
    Yes, I do mention competitors when relevant. It’s important to be honest about where your product excels and where others might have strengths. helps in setting realistic expectations.
    Toni
    @allen_deck totally agree. And I believe transparency and confidence in your product also build trust and create rapport
    Lily Edward
    I agree, avoiding mention of competitors can come off as evasive. Being upfront about what other tools do well, and where yours stands out, can build credibility and help potential users make an informed choice.
    Iris Matt
    I’ve found that mentioning competitors helps in positioning my product more clearly. It's about showing what makes your solution unique while respecting other options.
    megan scott
    I see where you’re coming from, but sometimes focusing too much on competitors can backfire. It’s important to highlight your own strengths while acknowledging others in a balanced way.
    Toni
    @megan_s_cott totally agreed. It's not about praising others 😅 but focusing on your product's unique strengths and aknowledging the situations or use cases where it might not be a fit, and be ok to provide an alternative in that case. I believe Confident transparency is an effective way to build trust.
    Tom Nick
    Absolutely, mentioning competitors can be a great way to highlight your product’s unique strengths and build credibility. It’s all about providing a complete picture.
    Chandan kumar
    I’ve found mentioning competitors can actually be a good move. It shows transparency and that you're not afraid to highlight where your tool excels.
    Elido Dial
    Defintely. It’s important to be transparent about how our tool compares and where we excel.
    Sulemna Ola
    Yes, I mention competitors occasionally to highlight how our tool offers unique benefits that others might not.