• Subscribe
  • Are you nervous about AI as a developer?

Sacha Dumay
    7 replies
    Six months ago, I was writing code all day. Now, I'm chatting with AI 95% of the time to code for me. I still feel I have an edge as a coder, but for how long? I believe that in a few years, you might not need any coding knowledge to build great apps. What's your take? Are you worried too?

Replies

Veeresh Devireddy
    No, but excited to use its power and speed up the execution of many items of the roadmap. AI-based code generation systems are definitely helpful, but have to be careful, as they contain several bugs, are not consistent, and often not compatible with advanced design models. In my case, 30% of time time I ended up wasting time dealing with its bugs and errors. Overall, I'm optimistic about it.
    Nidhish Bhavsar
    I think at the end of the day it is all about what problem we are solving, And some one well said AI wont replace human it replace the human who are not using AI. So I am not worried just enjoying the ride :D
    Blake Martin
    Not really, but who's to say? Five years ago, I wouldn’t have believed AI could speed up my projects 10X, helping me debug and build UIs with tools like Cursor and V0. It's an incredible time to be a developer, with these amazing tools that let us ship products faster than ever. At least for now, any developer who masters these tools will definitely benefit. "You won’t be replaced by AI; you’ll be replaced by someone who uses AI."
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    As a developer, I'm more excited than nervous. AI offers incredible opportunities for innovation and solving complex challenges.
    An
    VHire
    VHire
    Launching soon!
    Definitely not. I just changed from a code developer to an AI logic developer.
    Veeresh Devireddy
    Just today I had two bad incidents/examples while generating some code(javascript, html, css) around language translation-related stuff: 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐆𝐏𝐓: After generating 70% of individual code snippets/files, it suddenly lost the context and failed to generate restrest of files. 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐆𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢: After generating 60% code, with one single/main javascript file, it failed to give rest of code, despite numerous hints, and ended up with broken code. After wasting some time, I took over the control and started finishing the rest of it. In sum, I lost 30% extra time/efforts dealing with those bots.
    Ali Anjamparuthi
    I see AI as a powerful ally, not a threat. It’s making development faster and more efficient, freeing us from repetitive tasks so we can focus on creative problem-solving and innovation. While AI can handle a lot, deep coding knowledge and logical thinking will always be essential for understanding complex problems and building truly innovative solutions. Even if the barrier to entry for app creation lowers, experienced developers will still have an edge in designing, debugging, and optimizing systems. Now we can build smarter, faster, and better than ever before. The future looks promising.