• Subscribe
  • What product started your love of tech?

Aaron O'Leary
    49 replies
    Do you remember when technology blew your mind for the first time ever and kickstarted your tech ambition? For me it was the iPod Nano, I remember seeing the ad and being hooked on tech and especially music tech ever since.

Replies

Guillaume Dumortier
    Atari 2600 > Atari 520 STE > Sony's Mini-Disc player > Winamp+Napster
    ronsheridan
    VisiCalc on the Apple II in 1979.
    Siddarth Jain
    Video call and messaging over Yahoo Messenger.. 😅
    huntFilter
    huntFilter
    3 things popped into my head · Dialup · Gameboy · Palm Pilot Honorable mention: Tamagotchi
    Aaron O'Leary
    @gabe TAMAGOTCHI!!
    Daniel
    @gabe yeah!!!!! Gameboy!!!! I told my mum to buy one for me cuz it could really helps me to study and my mum never trust me again. lmao
    huntFilter
    huntFilter
    @aaronoleary THE BEST! I keep trying to find excuses to buy another one lol
    huntFilter
    huntFilter
    @zeehow hahaha, I mean...it can be motivation to study...
    Anna Filou
    I think I was always in love with tech. I grew up around computers, so there wasn’t anything that truly blew my mind. But I remember the first time I saw Google. I must have been around 3 or 4. I asked my dad what it is and he said you type the subject you want to learn more about, and it lists everything there is to know about it. Then I remember playing flipper and solitaire on an IBM laptop running Windows 1995. Endless entertainment. Then having a mobile phone that can play Java games. That’s when I discovered you can download things from the web and put them into other devices — life changing 😆 Then I saw a demo on YouTube of the Oculus Rift + Omni treadmill. That was probably the closest it got to mind-blowing. I thought I can finally go into the game! But so far I’ve never had the chance to experience a game in true VR (with an omnidirectional treadmill and natural controls). 🥲 Maybe when I do, that’ll be what blows my mind.
    Michael Silber
    Microsoft Encarta. Seeing an interactive encyclopedia was mind blowing when there was a huge stack of printed books on the shelf next to the computer.
    Jeff Man
    TV, VCR, Atari 2600, and Sony Walkman…in that order
    Kovid Batra
    Video calling over skype :)
    Archisman Das
    Brew Money | Take control of your crypto
    Growing up, we didn't have a computer at home. One weekend dad took me to his office when they got one for work. Played a game which I think was called Bricks. Got hooked.
    Gabe Moronta
    January 1984, Apple's Super Bowl commercial, that started my love of tech and stayed with me all throughout my life. Remember being mesmerized by it. The first tech I owned was a boombox by Aiwa, that I took apart and rebuilt it to make it "better" so I thought.
    Huipin Zhang
    JPEG. When I first understood how the image compression algorithm works, I was fascinated about the signal processing technologies. So simple yet so powerful!
    Anil Meena
    Ever since the nokia engage came out... I was kind of hooked to tech...
    Martina Hackbartt
    Since I was very, very little, I had a devotion to apple products. I remember entering apple stores and trying out all iPads and wanting one so badly. I got my first iPod when I was 10, and I fell in love with apps and everything involving tech :)
    Mighil
    html.earth
    html.earth
    The anatomy of an 8bit video game console. Was fascinated by the engineering of SID chips as well.
    Olivier Tolédano
    First time I made a research on Internet. It was on Altavista in 1996... So huge...
    Aaron O'Leary
    @olivier_toledano Ah I wish I was old enough to experience that, was only two at the time!
    Rich Watson
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    NVSTly: Social Investing
    AOL
    A computer game I played when I was in primary school :) . I forgot the name though, Lol