• Subscribe
  • Twitter turns to X.com. What do you think?

Cem Özçelik
    78 replies

Replies

Tanay from Stacks
    Sticky - Your notes in the browser
    I think Twitter now has a lot of baggage and an identity crisis. Twitter = tweets, it doesn't allow the platform to grow more into spaces, podcasts, images, videos, ads, etc. which look to be the way Twitter is moving towards becoming a more social place.
    Kevin Lu
    @tanaylakhani Agreed! nice point! btw, followed your product! God Speed!
    AbdulHafeez Sadon
    @tanaylakhani Yup, it's strategic move by Elon and his team. Seems like he want to build more inclusive power app like WeChat in China.
    Tanay from Stacks
    @hafeezcae I like that he is thinking outside the box - like why would you not include payments? If you support payments and have a good payment gateway, why not allow peer-to-peer payments? Why not allow better communication among twitter/X users?
    AbdulHafeez Sadon
    @tanaylakhani yup, that's why I smell from miles away. He's a capitalist through and through. He proved his tenacity after coming back from nervous breakdown after his own mentors and persons he looked up to turned their back against him in the early Tesla days.
    Ruben Lozano
    I think they are lucky that they already have a community that it will keep using it, at the moment, but I believe from the brand and communication perspective X means nothing. I guess it is the beginning of the end. Slowly we will see more things from "Twitter" where the grow is flat and start to decrease the usage and the revenue coming from users and ads. There is not much value for the users, how many of the users are really identified with this? Not many.
    Ilija Rolović
    Holoframe | Augment your NFTs
    I wonder if, in Elon's mind, there's something more symbolic/mystical/deeper to X than just the simple "cool" effect.
    Gary Sztajnman
    It's a mistake! How many companies have such a brand power that people use their name as a verb? "I will tweet this"
    多达达
    Although the icon is not good-looking, it looks like an industrial icon, but it doesn't seem to affect the user's goodwill towards twitter, at least more love than meta
    Dimitrios Konstantinidis
    This is the equivalent of Elon's middle-life crisis.
    Demi Jones
    Why the name change?
    More important issues to sort for me!
    Michael Rosencrants
    Innovative? Refreshing? Let's see Meta, Alphabet, etc. I remember when those ideas were "fresh an innovative," and besides being years ago they were not recycling a name. This is just more inept flailing in desperation while the platform dies. Will my 8.00 get me a blue x now?
    Ahmet Kara
    This reminded me of Google buying it just for Motorola's patent rights. (Most analysts believed Google simply wanted Motorola's 17,000 technology patents. Owning them would help Google defend its Android operating system from infringement attacks. Google executives acknowledged patents played a role in the original Motorola deal. https://time.com/2650/motorola -is-a-gargantuan-mistake-only-google-could-afford-to-make/ ) I think Elon Musk will build x.com very differently. I think this is more of a project than a social media project. We need to understand that 40 billion dollars is already thrown away for such a project. It will probably be a user-friendly project with a complex in the background but a simple interface in the foreground, covering all e-commerce, social media and news sites.
    Deola Williams
    Super curious on how big the everything app is gonna be with X.com aka Twitter in it
    Elias Fares
    I'm interested to see how other parts of the app will change following this. Ex: What will the Tweet button become?
    Cyril Gupta
    CloudFunnels AI
    CloudFunnels AI
    I think this wasn't required. Elon could have grown X from scratch for far less than $40 Billion
    Chris Sarca
    I don't mind, I hope it will get better and better.
    Cemali Gencer
    I think a super app story is beginning. Goodbye, birds.
    Iaroslav Chuikov
    He should now buy XVIDEOS and pivot it from adult to YouTube-killer :D
    Elon ❤️ his X's. He's onboard with the trend, creating a campaign that revolves around himself. 😄🚀
    Indu Thangamuthu
    Ever-changing minds and world
    Robert Mao
    I think it's dumb...