I'm the CEO/CTO at Clicmon and today we have launched our Beta here! Ask me anything 🚀

Nicola Alessi
34 replies
We still have a long way to go, but our intention is to give young people the opportunity to have fun shopping online (how boring are marketplaces? 🤮), while doing good for the planet and ensuring 100% secure transactions. We have decided to do this through the use of different technologies: - Automated calculation of the CO2e of all products on the platform -> The value derived indicates the emissions avoided (carbon avoidance) due to the consumption of a used/refurbished good instead of a new one, or the amount of CO2e we commit to offset (carbon removal) once the exchange is completed. - Goal-based reward system -> Through sales/purchases within the platform it is possible to level up and earn ERC20 green tokens, Seed and Leaf that will allow for various benefits (all use cases will be revealed soon) - Verification of sellers -> There are no nicknames on the platform, sellers have compulsory KYC and we have created a system that through product tracking is able to keep the buyer's money safe until product delivery is confirmed We have many other features in mind to be implemented in the near future (spoiler: a social selling feature via mini videos recorded at the time, so as to further limit the possibility of selling products that don't really exist), but to do so we first need your precious feedback to improve this version. Write us your questions, doubts and 𝘀𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝘂𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗽𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗶𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁 ❤️‍🔥 EDIT: Link to our product https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Dani
I feel dumb, I can't find the Clicmon product page. ???
All I can say is good luck
tawheed abdul-raheeem
Congrats on your launch! What are some of your biggest challenges with customer acquisition?
Nicola Alessi
@tawheed_on Thank you very much! ❤️ The biggest difficulties we are currently experiencing are: - Not being on the App Store and Play Store yet, we have to go through TestFlight and App Distribution to get our users to install the app -> Unfortunately, these platforms are complicated and not very user-friendly, so sometimes users drop out before downloading the app 😔 - We are still looking for the best communication channel for our target audience (GenZ) -> We are mainly testing social media such as TikTok and Instagram, but we still haven't quite found the right language to acquire customers
Eva Maganja
Congratulations on the launch!
Antoni Kozelski
That sounds really exciting! What kind of green tokens are you offering? Are they tradable/exchangeable with other tokens?
Nicola Alessi
@antonikozelski The tokens distributed on Clicmon are the following: - Seeds will be distributed in an amount equal to the CO2e calculated on the new product and will be divided equally between buyer and seller -> These stand for the CO2e that we at Clicmon will actively offset - Leafs will be distributed in the same way but with used and refurbished products -> These can be used within Clicmon and beyond for various benefits (games, discounts, exclusive green initiatives etc.) Outside Clicmon there will be various use cases (like trading, staking and so on) which will be announced in detail soon.
Svitlana Palamarchuk
Hey Nicola, First off, kudos on the launch! 🚀 Clicmon sounds like a game-changer, addressing multiple issues in the current online marketplace while promoting sustainability. I love the idea of the automated CO2e calculation and the goal-based reward system. One question I have is about the user experience. How are you ensuring that the platform remains easy and enjoyable to use despite all the added features and technologies?
Nicola Alessi
@svitlana_palamarchuk UX/UI is one of the biggest challenges, you are absolutely right. One of the main focuses of our product/design team is precisely that of user-friendliness and so, despite the various technologies used, we are trying to make it as simple and intuitive as possible (and where not possible) use some storytelling so as to be clearer. The Beta program is helping us a lot to fix some of these aspects as well 🚀
All the best with the launch!
Elissa Craig
Best of luck!!! What a great cause.
Richard Gao
What do you mainly do for marketing?
Nicola Alessi
@richard_gao2 Currently, our marketing initiatives are mostly unconventional. Specifically, we are moving (currently only in Italy, but soon we will also start abroad) with small guerrilla marketing, buzz marketing, online ads, tribal marketing initiatives. The intention is to scale up as the expected results come in.
Rajiv Dixit
keep growing 💗
Deluar Hosain
Congratulations on launching your Beta!🎉 Clicmon sounds like a smart and eco-friendly way to buy and sell online. I'm curious about how your platform works and what are the benefits of using it.
Nicola Alessi
@spotting_scopes The benefits are many, I will try to summarise them for you below: - CO2 offsetting that is performed on every new product sold on the platform - Incentives on second-hand sales through Leaf distribution-> giving new life to products that would otherwise have to be disposed of has a positive environmental impact - High security within the platform -> Like all consumers we hate scammers and for this reason we have decided that within the platform everyone must put their information (first name, last name) and that sellers must perform mandatory KYC - Immersive environment -> Thanks to levels, mini-games, tasks and much more, the world of online shopping (which is currently very boring) is made more enjoyable and participative
Jocelyn To
Congrats on the launch! I like the idea.
M SURIADIAN NNURSEHA
@Nicola hi, sebelumnya selamat atas pembukaan/peluncuran bisnis anda,ada yang menjadi pertanyaan bagi saya, 1. Apakah anda bisa menjanjikan kenyamanan bagi customer anda untuk menggunakan platform anda dengan begitu banyak fasilitas yang anda tawarkan? 2. Bagai mana cara anda untuk mensosialisasikan palatform anda kepada para orang tua yang masih belum terlalu mengenal/mengikuti perkembangan teknologi saat ini? 3. Untuk pemasaran wilayah mana saja yang menjadi target pemasaran anda? 4. Apa saja product yang anda tawarkan didalam platform anda? Untuk sementara ini yang bisa saya tanyakan kemungkinan besok/lusa ada pertanyaan lagi seputar platform anda untuk anda terimakasih
Saravana Kumar
A great initiative with a noble goal. Keep growing!!
Christian Canlubo 🚀
How does it feel to be a CTO and the CEO at the same time? It's like you're carrying two big worlds.
Nicola Alessi
@christian_canlubo Is really challenging, definitely requires a lot of commitment and the responsibilities involved are many. Basically my background is technical, but my past work experiences have allowed me to see more management and business aspects as well, so that's where this role started to develop. The absolute biggest advantage I find is that I can make the technical world go hand in hand with the business world, and certainly this helps a lot in managing cashflows and product roadmaps